RCA's executive manager sends letter to radio stations about Make Me!

Hamper

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand after listening to Glory why RCA is standing behind her hardcore !!

It is quite ridiculous !! Here in Buffalo, NY they do something called a KISS 10@10 and it's the top 10 most requested songs between the hours or 6pm & 930pm (they also do on air last min votes).. Since its release "Make Me" has landed between #6-10 and they almost never introduce it.. They just play it and then go back to introducing the next song!! Also, the song is always requested during the all request RUSH HOUR from 430-530pm 

the kicker is that those are about the only times I've heard the song played.. Yet songs that aren't even in the 10@10 are played every hour! It's sickening 

16 minutes ago, larac said:

I just cant believe how the gp and radio stations underaprriciate (i hope thats a word tbh) Britney....

It makes me sad everytime i talk to some gp and they say britney is a has been and drugged... i wanna cry tbh

I don't get the radio hate, they like to play her old stuff (Everytime, Toxic, BOMT) but the new songs? Not so much.

But would it be a song by Adele they would never thinking about it, even when the song really sucks.

I just don't get it, image is just not that important (for me) to enjoy songs and it shouldn't be this way. :mj:

3 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

I don't get the radio hate, they like to play her old stuff (Everytime, Toxic, BOMT) but the new songs? Not so much.

But would it be a song by Adele they would never thinking about it, even when the song really sucks.

I just don't get it, image is just not that important (for me) to enjoy songs and it shouldn't be this way. :mj:

The main issue is that nor the radio stations or the gp give her a chance... and if they do they listen while thinking shes a mess and being negative even before listening... I hate that!

25 minutes ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

SLAY RCAAAAAA :scalped: (I never thought I would say that)

Same here since they are usually a mess but this era.... Britney, her team, RCA got their **** together. She has an Apple Deal, her Glory Pre-order banner has been on itunes for the past couple of weeks, the promo we have lined up (VMA, Carpool, Iheart performance, Most Request live promo), and the flawless album.

my station didn't even add MM to begin with

truth be told...they don't like Britney...

and yes it does depend on votes and stuff but they also know stans are the ones voting so they don't pay as much attention to those songs aside from when they are on the 'daily top 10 requested' list...

I kinda feel like they measure what they play by how many listeners they have when they play these songs.

for example my station belts Katy perry, JT, JB and Bon Jovi alllll day long... clearly ppl like their music around here

the once a month occasion they do play a Britney song like 'stronger' its on a throwback Thursday making Britney sound like a has been

This is excellent. He makes several valid points and backs them up with the numbers. Make Me is a good song & Radios should quit being discriminatory. I am glad that RCA still has Britney's back. This proves to me that they are committed to her project and are not just all about supporting other, younger Artists signed to them.

Archived