GLORY SLAYS, but I wish there was a song with an iconic opening.

TLDR: I wish Glory had a song with an instant iconic opening note/lyric like BOMT, OOPS, GM, TOXIC, etc.

Glory slays me. :flawless: It's probably gonna replace BO as my fave album but it's still too soon for me to tell.

One of these songs (don't really care which one bc they are all single-worthy imo) needs to SMASH radio and be engrained in Pop Culture. Basically, I hope she gets another career song out of Glory-- she deserves it.

That being said, I wish at least one of the songs had an instant iconic opening note/lyric a la BOMT, OOPS, GM, Toxic, or Adele's Hello, etc.

Liar has the harmonica notes which has slayed my life, but it isn't immediate and it's not repeated again until the end.

Anyways, the album is perfect, just wondering if anyone else felt this way....

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, really really cool guy said:

what about Make me intro? 

Maybe... idk.

Almost anyone on the planet can hear the first 3 notes of BOMT and know what song it is. Same thing for the Toxic strings. Same thing for GM "it's britney *****". There are a lot of hugely popular songs that lack that kind of instant recognition, so it isn't a big deal... just was hoping for something like that. 

Make me is closest though I guess.

10 minutes ago, MsWiigy said:

Maybe... idk.

Almost anyone on the planet can hear the first 3 notes of BOMT and know what song it is. Same thing for the Toxic strings. Same thing for GM "it's britney *****". There are a lot of hugely popular songs that lack that kind of instant recognition, so it isn't a big deal... just was hoping for something like that. 

Make me is closest though I guess.

The sound at the beggining of Make me... has the same effect 

DYWCO's uh-hu is iconic too :orly:

Archived