Glory: An album through and through.. but not a hit in sight.

IllPass

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think understand what you're trying to say. Yeah, it's quite experimental. It doesn't have that for sure radio hit material. Only with great promo and viral factor that could spread her songs to people tbh. It's same thing for Carly Rae japsen album. People absolutely adore it but commercial wise, it flops.

hoepfully that doesn't apply for glory.:truthtea:

58 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

While we were discovering the awesomeness that's glory, you discovered thesaurus I see.... :eheeek: 

Drag ha :hype:

To the OP: We all have our opinions and you're of course entitled to yours; but 99% of this fanbase disagrees. You should pay attention to that. 

look at the top 10 hits right now in the US.... no seasoned music exec could've possibly predicted or deemed those singles "blockbuster" hits.  music is in a strange place right now.  the best an artist can do is be themselves and make music that is true to them and showcases their art.  

I just heard the full album - and I have to say, as a fan, I am satisfied.

HOWEVER, for the GP, who is probably used to a different sound from Britney, this might be either attractive or alienating. I'm saying this because I definitely see Britney being experimental and much more in control of her voice throughout the album. 

So for those who haven't listened to it, in terms of vocals, here's what I think everyone should know - Make Me and Private Show vocals represent the entire album. If you're looking for any connection to her previous albums, I can think of 3 particular songs that best represent how Glory is still, after all, a Britney album: "The Hook-Up" from In The Zone, "Heaven On Earth" from Blackout, and "Trip To Your Heart" from Femme Fatale.

14 hours ago, IllPass said:

After unearthing the 'Glory' album one may have come to two conclusions.

I feel your response to this album as with any LP can be varied. To each their own and so forth.

But I feel once the initial euphoria wanes and good ole reality makes a reappearance there will be a blatant truth evident within the fanbase.

'Glory' is a mood album. It has an essential oomph a "je ne sais quoi" which never materialises into what I would deem a blockbuster hit.

It hits certain pillars and bounces on to the next one. It satisfies many desires in the fanbase which have gone neglected over the years.

This album is striking in the sense that it is an album, which we know Britney has had quite many fingerprints on and for this we salute her. Her voice more daring than the norm.

This is an album that as a whole is completely satisfying from a stan viewpoint.

To the everyday Joe. This album may appear somewhat flimsical.. too 'all-inclusive' too somewhat aghast at the objectives one has set for oneself.

To some it up. This is an album for the fans. It has never been so obviously targeted at her base.

And if you're a fan.. heck that ain't half bad at all!

Girl, if you're going to write something this annoying, you should at least try to create specific examples to support your opinion. I can't stand these broad stroke statements that don't actually mean anything. So you're saying that there isn't a hit in Glory that would appeal to the general populace. Ok, explain why you think that by clearly underlining what speaks to the general populace and why this album fails at meeting that criteria. Then, tell me, why you think these songs can't potentially capture the collective imagination of an audience that has recently been so receptive to pop music—certainly not since the early 2000s has the mainstream music scene been so accepting of pop hits. And then tell me why an album that is essential pop catnip can't succeed in this landscape.

Tell us, sis.

I think its more important for her to have an album like this, than circus or femme fatale that had 'hits'. 

This is much more outstanding and anyway.... slumber party, just love me, just like me, if im dancing , liar, and pretty much all of the second half of glory disagree.

Just enjoy the fact that the best pop album of this year is by our girl.

Archived