Make yourself feel better about Glory's future UK performance by reading this thread

Lou M. Taylor

Just now, button said:

Flawless, flawless sis. :kisses2all:

It's the most I can do. I mean on my two laptops I can literally have it streaming 24/7. And just use my phone for actually listening to it, plus looping when I'm not.

With the charts rules though it'll still probably only add up to an additional album sale. :orangu:

But if we can get enough UK fans do to it it might make a difference.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, britnostalgia said:

It's the most I can do. I mean on my two laptops I can literally have it streaming 24/7. And just use my phone for actually listening to it, plus looping when I'm not.

With the charts rules though it'll still probably only add up to an additional album sale. :orangu:

But if we can get enough UK fans do to it it might make a difference.

If we can gather 2M UK streams, that's 2000 additional units. With perhaps 15k pure sales, I hope she can debut at #1. I was told there are no major UK releases on the 26th too. 

By the way, you can check the daily streams of each track on Spotify to help the average go up. Rather than guessing or suspecting which ones are less streamed. :riri:

Edit: 2M is kinda a lot. 1 million and half is perhaps more realistic?

12 minutes ago, button said:

If we can gather 2M UK streams, that's 2000 additional units. With perhaps 15k pure sales, I hope she can debut at #1. I was told there are no major UK releases on the 26th too. 

By the way, you can check the daily streams of each track on Spotify to help the average go up. Rather than guessing or suspecting which ones are less streamed. :riri:

Edit: 2M is kinda a lot. 1 million and half is perhaps more realistic?

MM is getting around 33000 a day now, I'd say most people listening to it would at least check for the first 3 songs on the album, so maybe 100,000. Then if you double that given album release week and VMAs exposure you could maybe be talking 200,000 total streams of album tracks a day throughout the week, so I think it could potentially get anywhere between 1-1.5 mil.

I'm not sure about 15k pure sales though, BJ only got 13k and Make Me isn't doing as well as WB I don't think. 

Honestly a lot is riding on the VMAs, I don't think you can actually stop caring about an artist, just stop checking for them if the quality of their material decreases. I think it's safe to assume Glory will be better than BJ, but an amazing VMA performance that grabs headlines could have a lot of fans that gave up on her buying/streaming. 

13 minutes ago, britnostalgia said:

MM is getting around 33000 a day now, I'd say most people listening to it would at least check for the first 3 songs on the album, so maybe 100,000. Then if you double that given album release week and VMAs exposure you could maybe be talking 200,000 total streams of album tracks a day throughout the week, so I think it could potentially get anywhere between 1-1.5 mil.

I'm not sure about 15k pure sales though, BJ only got 13k and Make Me isn't doing as well as WB I don't think. 

Honestly a lot is riding on the VMAs, I don't think you can actually stop caring about an artist, just stop checking for them if the quality of their material decreases. I think it's safe to assume Glory will be better than BJ, but an amazing VMA performance that grabs headlines could have a lot of fans that gave up on her buying/streaming. 

Hmm 15k is actually a bit of an underestimation if you think about it. Carpool Karaoke is popular in the UK and the episode with be out right before the album release day. I also think VMA can have a positive effect. Mostly gaining back fans who jumped ship like you said.

We're getting at least Top 5 but I really want the #1. We need to do organized streaming during the release week for both the US and UK.

1 hour ago, jupal said:

Last week's top 10 sales :orangu:

1 Blossoms 20,987 
2 Giggs 11,437
3 Drake 8,875 
4 Electric Light Orchestra 8,799
5 Viola Beach 7,686
6 Christine and the Queens 7,543
7 Adele 6,566
8 Coldplay 5,752
9 Wild Beasts 5,503
10 Moose Blood 5,133

i hope she can sell more than 10k :orangu:

Wtf kind of music does the UK listen to? I only know three of those artists. :nydisgust:

She's never had a UK #1 album, her highest position was #2. That's incredible considering she was huge in the UK and has had 5 #1 singles if i'm not mistaken.

I've given up hope for a UK #1 single because radio don't play her and a lot of people dislike her there. However, glory could end up being #1 if she slays the VMAs and gets a lot of promotion release week.

1 hour ago, saicis said:

She's never had a UK #1 album, her highest position was #2. That's incredible considering she was huge in the UK and has had 5 #1 singles if i'm not mistaken.

I've given up hope for a UK #1 single because radio don't play her and a lot of people dislike her there. However, glory could end up being #1 if she slays the VMAs and gets a lot of promotion release week.

6 #1 singles. And yes Glory can definitely become her first #1 album in the UK and I really want this to happen. I think Carpool+VMA will help her achieve that. Hopefully.

2 hours ago, button said:

6 #1 singles. And yes Glory can definitely become her first #1 album in the UK and I really want this to happen. I think Carpool+VMA will help her achieve that. Hopefully.

I forgot about Scream and Shout. I dont really class it as Britney's, but i suppose its her #1 too.

It would be great to get a #1 single in the UK from glory.

Sales (inc. streaming) for this week. I think this is the lowest they've EVER been

1 Blossoms 7,948 
2 Drake 7,721
3 Electric Light Orchestra 6,715
4 Christine and the Queens 6,678
5 Bob Marley & The Wailers 6,402
6 Adele 5,734
7 Coldplay 4,612
8 Justin Bieber 4,339
9 The 1975 4,225
10 twenty one pilots 4,046

If she released this week it could've been #1 :lanacackle:

Archived