All references from the VMA teaser side by side

Finkypop the 3rd

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Thecodeman25 said:

I don't really get the phone one. The rolling stone cover has nothing to do with VMAS and also the phone is different. Any other meaning?

4 hours ago, tsss said:

I think the one with a phone is reference to blackout photoshoot,she had picture with same design 

3 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I totally didn't put the phone thing together......I kept thinking to myself why do they keep showing the phone lol

The phone is supposed to be where Britney's voice is coming from, like someone left it off the hook and she's "calling the room". They could have distorted it a little more to really get the effect, but yeah , I dont think it's supposed to be a reference to an old era, but perhaps maybe a hint at her 2016 performance.

4 hours ago, Borja said:

They make little, vague, or just no mention to the 2007 vma's. Wrong, because it's also history, and a very important one of Britney's and the VMA's theirselves.

I think Britney just likes to pretend it never happened.  I mean, why would she want to reference it?  She was torn to shreds over that performance, and it happened during the lowest point of her life.

i've always thought that "It's Britney, *****!" and other parts like "I see you and i just wanna dance with you" or 'I just can't control myself, more...They want more?'..sounded like she was speaking on the phone, phonesexney :thirsty: 
plus the iconic RS shoot AND blackout shoot, put here phonography, if you want :selenerz:
i mean, there were not that much options from '07 perfomance, maybe, others like outfit could be rejected and i really like the telephone reference
To my opinion, '07 perf and slave got the most references in the ad and i love it :makeitrain:

On August 16, 2016 at 6:26 PM, OliviaPope said:

I honestly missed the locker watching it--I was like "...did they totally ignore her first one?"

I wish they would've referenced 2007.  They need to embrace it, not pretend it didn't happen.  Her core fans still consider it iconic.

They did reference it, though. She said "It's Britney, *****" and the entire room itself was set up like that messy *** Blackout photoshoot. In fact, I thought the phone was a reference to the phone in the "Piece Of Me" single cover, not the Rolling Stone cover.

Piece_of_Me.png

On 16/08/2016 at 7:26 PM, Thecodeman25 said:

I don't really get the phone one. The rolling stone cover has nothing to do with VMAS and also the phone is different. Any other meaning?

I do think the phone and the whole set vibe (flowers, perfum, drink) is all about the blackout booklet, the only reference to the 2007 performance, aside from the "its britney *****".

Archived