In what era she lost most fans : 2001? 2003? 2007?2011?2013?

Xtianadoresbritney

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both 2007 and 2013 were really bad. We all know the first case, but 2013 was like a very big letdown because (thanks to Britney's team also) we were super hyped for her to be a Primeney 2.0 and... it didn't happen. 2014&2015 were pretty boring as well, she kept on losing a few fans from time to time. And Pretty Girls, oh God...:selenerz:

Though, I still can't understand how can you stop being a fan, like... denying every tiny connection between you and your idol(s), unfollowing them, throwing away their CDs... Yes, in 2015 for a while I stopped checking Twitter or Exhale for Brit, but I couldn't just remove her from my heart... :crying4: I didn't even try, because I ******* love the piece of me that screams "Go Britney!".

5 minutes ago, giltjuhh said:

you guys know the top spot of toxic? crazy? oops i did it again? slave for u? etc etc. None of them hit number 1...most of them didnt even reach top 10 in the Hot 100. The most number 1 hits came after womanizer so i think her fanbase only got bigger after that.

A lot of that was due to the radio ban she unfortunately had during that time though

2013. People were giving up on her after another dead era and the really bad album. Not to forget the Las Vegas residency. She also lost alot of fans because of that.

I always tried to see the positive ****, even during the Vegas/BJ era so... Im probably gonna stay forever lol.

8 minutes ago, giltjuhh said:

you guys know the top spot of toxic? crazy? oops i did it again? slave for u? etc etc. None of them hit number 1...most of them didnt even reach top 10 in the Hot 100. The most number 1 hits came after womanizer so i think her fanbase only got bigger after that.

Child do your research. Many of her songs did not go high on the chart due to shtty radio in the US banned her (especially in Britney era) :tiffsniffle:

Just now, Tear the floor up up said:

A lot of that was due to the radio ban she unfortunately had during that time though

still....i think it have nothing to do with her fanbase.....she allways have been big worldwide. She only got bigger after 2007, thats when she bacame a legend.  

47 minutes ago, button said:

*She went from selling 20 million with Oops to 11 million with Britney but what she lost were not exactly fans. Just kids who were not allowed to buy her album by their parents after Slave. And I think she actually gained true/hardcore fans with the 2001 transition. I'd say the same about 2003. 

*The "fans" she lost in 2007 were not fans to begin with. That's all I'll say. 

And I think we're confusing GP and fans.

-> 2001, 2003 and 2007 were GP losses.

-> 2011 and 2013 were true fan losses

I think 2013 hurt her the most. Britney Jean was unprecedented. :decisions:

I thought most Britney fans enjoyed the music of FF era? 

2011/2012 is where she lost a lot of die hards. Between her pilled-out like appearances, lackluster performances, and the mess that was the XFactor, people just lost in interest. 2013 had a glimmer of hope with Work *****, but it all fell from there. It's going to take a lot of effort to get people back into her, but she is on the right track. 

2007 with the breakdown but I think that Circus era kinda cleaned her imagen a little bit

2011 was really bad, she looked really lost... I remember when she came to south america with the FFT all the media was shading her (at least, in my country)...

2013 the whole gma/britney jean/myah fiasco made her lost a lot of her fans...

However, so far, nothing has made me stopped stanning her and I don't think nothing will ever do :cutebrit:

1 hour ago, button said:

*She went from selling 20 million with Oops to 11 million with Britney but what she lost were not exactly fans. Just kids who were not allowed to buy her album by their parents after Slave. And I think she actually gained true/hardcore fans with the 2001 transition. I'd say the same about 2003. 

*The "fans" she lost in 2007 were not fans to begin with. That's all I'll say. 

And I think we're confusing GP and fans.

-> 2001, 2003 and 2007 were GP losses.

-> 2011 and 2013 were true fan losses

I think 2013 hurt her the most. Britney Jean was unprecedented. :decisions:

Well said, I agree completely. :ipass:

I believe with Britney Jean, she did lose a lot of fans when she was changing her image in the 2000's but she also gained a lot of fans who replaced the lost number, she made the older crowd like her so there wasnt much change there.

But Britney Jean was a complete let down and a slap in the face to her entire fanbase and people just couldn't handle it anymore, too many lies, too much hype they couldnt live up to. Britney Jean could easily be her demise unless Glory saves her :mhm:

I have no idea about losing fans because a lot of people go back and forth with her. Even me for instance, I loved her as kid during the early 00s, and kind of forgot about her after she got married and went through her wild, partying days. I became a fan again during the Circus comeback era when I was in high school, but lost interest again after the FF era. Then I got obsessed again in late 2014, and here I am :selenerz: I will say I could feel the most evident drop in her media presence after the X Factor era. Though I wasn't following closely, I was surprised at how unenthusiastic the GP was when she was promoting BJ.

Archived