Original MM video looked like a sloppy student film set in an unfurnished rental house

BobbyMorrow

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jeanius said:

For the 1 millionth time, the leaked scenes we've all seen are NOT the final edit of the video. The coloring and special effects and editing is NOT finished in any of the leaks we've all seen. David and Larry have a couple of different edits under their belt that are 100% complete, and  that WE (meaning me, you, and every fan) has NOT seen. 

Enough. 

Mmm i doubt this, I mean in the TV scene the product placement is alreafy there on the TV and the video playing underwater also is a post production cut, it didnt look great, It looked very silly

So what? the official video looks like we're seeing it through a coffee filter, but that's not the point. At least in my case, what I got to see form the leaked clips, especially the dance scenes looked more interesting than what we got.

My main issue with the video is that they turned it into a joke, like, I don't think Make Me... is that funny, I don't think it's a funny song at all, so it didn't deserve that kind of video. If it was only Britney casting men, and they were actually acting, and the whole thing was something more, theatrical, I don't know how to say it, like Britney wearing an actual costume and not just normal clothes, and the set being something like something taken from a movie or so, like a fictional thing, not the normal studio you can find anywhere. It looks literally like a segment they could've done for E! channel or Ellen or I don't know. The song is more serious and artistic and beautiful than that. A video with a Britney in a cage, a cheetah and naked pole dancers, would've been weirder, but it still evokes a different feeling, like something twisted but serious at the same time.

what we saw was raw videos, not edited or finished. :xcuseme:

you cant judge the work of David if is not finished.:madonna:

U can watch his others videos and judge, but not by something unfinished, low quality and without post production and edition

just to justify Britney and her team.:thetea:

in the other hand we have the OFICIAL one wich lacks of creativity, is basic, boring, bad edited and sensenless.:dontlike:

a group of girlfriend looking hot guys to watch her friend **** in tv? stupid as ****:whitneyshade:

Private show is we better.:Arianabye:

2 hours ago, BobbyMorrow said:

Why have we as Britney fans come to assume that if something is withheld from us, it must be better than what we have been given? The original video's setting looks like exactly what it was - a typical suburban Californian house that was rented out to have a music video shot in it and nobody bothered to furnish it or make it look like anything else. Beyond that, the filming looks like it was done by a damn undergraduate film student. Everything about the house scenes looks unprofessional, sloppy, and cheap. Is that how you want Britney represented? We should be grateful that Britney and her team decided not to release it. 

Thank you!!! I've said so many times and I'll say it again, gimme the second version over the original any day. 

• Super Mods
13 minutes ago, Pokémon Spears said:

So what? the official video looks like we're seeing it through a coffee filter, but that's not the point. At least in my case, what I got to see form the leaked clips, especially the dance scenes looked more interesting than what we got.

My main issue with the video is that they turned it into a joke, like, I don't think Make Me... is that funny, I don't think it's a funny song at all, so it didn't deserve that kind of video. If it was only Britney casting men, and they were actually acting, and the whole thing was something more, theatrical, I don't know how to say it, like Britney wearing an actual costume and not just normal clothes, and the set being something like something taken from a movie or so, like a fictional thing, not the normal studio you can find anywhere. It looks literally like a segment they could've done for E! channel or Ellen or I don't know. The song is more serious and artistic and beautiful than that. A video with a Britney in a cage, a cheetah and naked pole dancers, would've been weirder, but it still evokes a different feeling, like something twisted but serious at the same time.

16 minutes ago, Pokémon Spears said:

THIS

that video joke just kill the song mood. 

37 minutes ago, MakeMeBritneyOh said:

what we saw was raw videos, not edited or finished. :xcuseme:

you cant judge the work of David if is not finished.:madonna:

U can watch his others videos and judge, but not by something unfinished, low quality and without post production and edition

just to justify Britney and her team.:thetea:

in the other hand we have the OFICIAL one wich lacks of creativity, is basic, boring, bad edited and sensenless.:dontlike:

a group of girlfriend looking hot guys to watch her friend **** in tv? stupid as ****:whitneyshade:

Private show is we better.:Arianabye:

Like I said before the scenes of the tv and the tv in the pool are obviously edited and postproduction already

2 hours ago, tabletopfreak03 said:

i don't think people were getting what David was going for. for me i see **** stars taking over a upper middle class home. the cliche thing to would be to shoot it in some glam perfect mansion. it was like high class meets trash and i was living for it. also it clearly wasn't even colored corrected in post and would look way better after that. 

i personally loved it the entire aesthetic. :MJ:

THIS.

I feel like it was supposed to be a commentary on the seedy underside of Las Vegas...and perhaps the commentary was TOO spot on for some people's comfort? :jolieoverit:

18 minutes ago, reVolution said:

Like I said before the scenes of the tv and the tv in the pool are obviously edited and postproduction already

Not entirely. 

In one shot, Britney reacts to something on the TV - but the TV is black. In another shot you can see dummy video substituted in - it looks like random video of someone turning pages in a scrapbook full of mock-ups.

We haven't seen the full video to have a full idea about the storyline/concept

And the parts we saw were the screen recorded with a phone, so how can we judge the lightning and coloring?

All I know is that in storyline, lightning and coloring, the released video sucked imo, while the original looks at least more promising.

The "original" is Work ***** meets If You Seek Amy!! How original is that guys... I'm actually glad they didn't release it because David clearly doesn't care about Britney and didn't bother to even think of something new and creative. 

The official one isn't the best and should have Made Us Ooh instead of just laugh but it did gave me this "Overprotected" vibe at the beginning so I appreciate that. Also Britney is happy with it and that's all that matters. 

Now let's please look forward to Clumsy and Car Pool Karaoke....

Archived