The problem: David vs. The Sponsors

Chico101

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes sense but reciepts? Someone else made a thread bout this n adressed a Twitter account for his claims n where do U get ur ideas from? 

And i believe to the one from the Pool Party tbh rather than all these product placement issue,otherwise we wouldnt have seen rumors bout Britney finding the video way over the top :mhm:

20 minutes ago, grandespears94 said:

There are clearly product placements in the leaked videos too. Sony, EOS, OrangeTheory, etc.

someone in another thread had a theory that it might be due to the television out of the window scene. Why would a sponsor want their product to be thrown out a window and into a pool? 

I thought the TV stopped working so she gets pissed and tosses it out. Its not like she was watching the Ad and threw the TV while it was playing...just saying

28 minutes ago, grandespears94 said:

someone in another thread had a theory that it might be due to the television out of the window scene. Why would a sponsor want their product to be thrown out a window and into a pool? 

Girl, grow a brain. This is one of the dumbest things I've read on the internet. :madonna:

1 hour ago, Bombastic Love said:

I can also see why David wouldn't want his art ruined by all of those tacky ads. I still blame team Britney for feeling the need to milk every $ and have such an absurd amonut of product placement. 

This.

When you hire David Lachapelle you're hiring him because he's an artist who pushes the boundaries and who lives for controversy. His huge back catalogue of work is proof of this.

I also don't think Britney was comfortable with how far he was pushing the envelope, but Britney's team should have known that was going to happen and simply not hired him. If you're going to play it safe, you don't hire David Lachapelle! :xcuseme:

1 hour ago, Chico101 said:

They aren't pretending it didn't happen. The pics are still on her Instagram. They can't say anything about the underlying issue for some legal reason - it's not that they don't want to, it's that until it gets sorted out their lawyers will advise them to NOT make any statements. It could open them up to legal action from David or the Sponsors.

All she had to do was Instagram a pic from the set of the new video and say something like, "Change of plans. Looking forward to a new era." Or something similar. They didn't have to trash David - simply warn her fans that they were about to get the opposite of what they were expecting.

It's all about managing expectations - something her team is absolutely horrible at.

19 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

I thought the TV stopped working so she gets pissed and tosses it out. Its not like she was watching the Ad and threw the TV while it was playing...just saying

She reacts to something on the screen - but the screen was black. It tells me that they just hadn't finished doing the compositing yet.

I think what she was supposed to be watching was closed circuit TV or security footage. Something happens in another part of the house that pisses her off (or she sees her boyfriend swimming in the pool), so she takes action and throws the TV. It frees her from the situation so she can be with G Eazy. The storyline somewhat matches the lyrics of the song:

"I'm all jealous, you came with someone
But we could tell that there's changes coming
See I could tell that you're a dangerous woman
That means you're speaking my language, come on"

32 minutes ago, Draw The Blinds said:

If this is true, I don't blame David at all. He isn't an *******. He's an artist, and I wouldn't compromise my work either. It's his name and rep on the line as well, not just Britney's. I blame RCA for being cheap ***** depending on EOS to fund their music videos :bichpls:

Even if he was an *******, he's a true artist. Her team should have expected what he'd be like to work with.

Other directors, like Joseph Kahn, may have been more flexible - but Joseph isn't known for being an "artist" in the way that David is. He's just known for making big splashy videos.

i got this from pop justice insider:

Alright guys, I have a somewhat more detailed update regarding the original version of the video. Like stated yesterday, there has been some communication made with David, but the main obstacle is RCA/Sony and the advertisers. Britney's team is having a difficult time getting the video released in any capacity unless 1. David is willing to make adjustments to the product placement OR 2. Sony/RCA and the advertisers are ok with dropping the product placement in that version. 

In the final edit of David's video Britney is seen throwing the television out the window with the Orange Theory ad still on, which is being seen as a way of mocking the brand. EOS is also not pleased with how their product was integrated into the video.

So it all comes down to marketing unfortunately. Had they not used these brands to fund the project I'm guessing none of this would have spiraled out of control.

So stop blaming Britney please and enjoy the music and support her! it's not her fault! 

Just now, Steel_Magnolia said:

Even if he was an *******, he's a true artist. Her team should have expected what he'd be like to work with.

Other directors, like Joseph Kahn, may have been more flexible - but Joseph isn't known for being an "artist" in the way that David is. He's just known for making big splashy videos.

I agree with you. And in my opinion he at least presented the product placement in the most tactful way he could. The new version is just shameless to the point of absurdity :grimace:

29 minutes ago, Draw The Blinds said:

I agree with you. And in my opinion he at least presented the product placement in the most tactful way he could. The new version is just shameless to the point of absurdity :grimace:

Right?! He built the product placement into the story.

The way it's used in the new version is almost an insult to fans.  :surething:

1 hour ago, BritCircus said:

i got this from pop justice insider:

Alright guys, I have a somewhat more detailed update regarding the original version of the video. Like stated yesterday, there has been some communication made with David, but the main obstacle is RCA/Sony and the advertisers. Britney's team is having a difficult time getting the video released in any capacity unless 1. David is willing to make adjustments to the product placement OR 2. Sony/RCA and the advertisers are ok with dropping the product placement in that version. 

In the final edit of David's video Britney is seen throwing the television out the window with the Orange Theory ad still on, which is being seen as a way of mocking the brand. EOS is also not pleased with how their product was integrated into the video.

So it all comes down to marketing unfortunately. Had they not used these brands to fund the project I'm guessing none of this would have spiraled out of control.

So stop blaming Britney please and enjoy the music and support her! it's not her fault! 

This sounds strange to me. Wouldn't the sponsors have given the greenlight to the script in the pre-production phase, BEFORE they went into production?

David appears to have worked the product placement into the storyline itself, which tells me the use of the products was in the script before they took it to camera.

Something really isn't adding up here. :whitneyshade: 

1 hour ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

This sounds strange to me. Wouldn't the sponsors have given the greenlight to the script in the pre-production phase, BEFORE they went into production?

David appears to have worked the product placement into the storyline itself, which tells me the use of the products was in the script before they took it to camera.

Something really isn't adding up here. :whitneyshade: 

There's a difference between reading a storyboard/script and seeing the final product - for e.g many movies go back for reshooting at the end because the final visual/plot etc needs to be fixed. 

Somehow David's final work didn't match with what they were led to believe would be the result.

10 minutes ago, Chico101 said:

There's a difference between reading a storyboard/script and seeing the final product - for e.g many movies go back for reshooting at the end because the final visual/plot etc needs to be fixed. 

Somehow David's final work didn't match with what they were led to believe would be the result.

Very true.

And that makes me wonder what it was about the final product that was so different from the script. :watrusayin:

Archived