You all blame Britney, her team, RCA but ....

Did you ever think that maybe the video isn't being released because of David maybe he didn't like the final video and told Britney and her team they can't use it/he doesn't want his name on the project and was unwilling to reshoot or it's possible that Britney asked for changes and he was a diva and became offended and refused to change anything.......he does have a reputation for being a bit difficult.  I mean the rumor of her team meeting with him makes me think that he has something to do with it......

just a thought

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's their video, they paid him for his services as a director and he has to provide. He isn't allowed to just say "You know what, I don't want you to use the video because I'm not happy with how it turned out"

I really don't think he's that much of a diva, he cooperated with Britney's label in 2004 with the Everytime video controversy

1 minute ago, BritneyRocksMe said:

It's their video, they paid him for his services as a director and he has to provide. He isn't allowed to just say "You know what, I don't want you to use the video because I'm not happy with how it turned out"

I really don't think he's that much of a diva, he cooperated with Britney's label in 2004 with the Everytime video controversy

But he created the video so he does have rights to it as well, for example if someone copied it he could sue them 

2 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

But he created the video so he does have rights to it as well, for example if someone copied it he could sue them 

Sources of David said Britney thought it was very ******

And sources of Britney says there was not a story on the video

Either way Britney didn't want it. It's not david's fault :zoomzoom:

Just now, lustwecantcontrol said:

He doesn't own the video. Britney & her team does. It's so simple. THEY PAID HIM, it's her music, he is providing the visuals. He can't sue anyone because they own the video.
When you pay someone to provide a product YOU become the owner of the product. Britney's team paid Lachapelle for the video, he provided it to them, now they own it. Don't complicate things

4 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

No, otherwise everyone who's leaking would be sued. The fact is britney don't care about us, all she cares about is her money. The first thing she said after the whole video fiasco was to preorder her album. **** that. If she really cared she would've told us the reason she didn't use his video and would've a spent more Han 20 minutes making the second one...

9 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

He doesn't, he contributed to create a product that was ordered by Britney's team, so it isn't his video, it's Team Britney's/RCA's video :drinky: 

20 minutes ago, BritneyRocksMe said:

He doesn't own the video. Britney & her team does. It's so simple. THEY PAID HIM, it's her music, he is providing the visuals. He can't sue anyone because they own the video.
When you pay someone to provide a product YOU become the owner of the product. Britney's team paid Lachapelle for the video, he provided it to them, now they own it. Don't complicate things

What I was saying is he still has some rights to it because he created it it's his work just like someone who produces one of her songs with her has rights to the song and could sue if the song is copied.If the original MM video was released and then some other artist copied it David would be the one to sue them not Britney.......just like when David sued Rihanna for a video she did that looked like his work     

31 minutes ago, Jsolanoofficial said:

No, otherwise everyone who's leaking would be sued. The fact is britney don't care about us, all she cares about is her money. The first thing she said after the whole video fiasco was to preorder her album. **** that. If she really cared she would've told us the reason she didn't use his video and would've a spent more Han 20 minutes making the second one...

I hate to tell you but artists make very little from album sales, the label takes most of the money from that. 

Also they probably didn't have much time to re-shoot the video so that's why we got what we got....I mean think about it the original video was probably not finished till early July and the song was released July 15th.....so they were probably scrambling to figure out what to do so they wouldn't have to delay the album because the era had been planned. I'm sure the video for the 2nd single will be amazing since they know the MM video turned into a huge fiasco.  

24 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I hate to tell you but artists make very little from album sales, the label takes most of the money from that. 

Also they probably didn't have much time to re-shoot the video so that's why we got what we got....I mean think about it the original video was probably not finished till early July and the song was released July 15th.....so they were probably scrambling to figure out what to do so they wouldn't have to delay the album because the era had been planned. I'm sure the video for the 2nd single will be amazing since they know the MM video turned into a huge fiasco.  

It wasn't planned though. They cancelled the Vegas shows. If it was planned that would not have happened.

23 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

It wasn't planned though. They cancelled the Vegas shows. If it was planned that would not have happened.

Well I mean they had prob already picked a date for the album and some other things......the VMA's may have been a last min thing or they had been in negotiations but an agreement had not been reached yet 

Archived