I actually prefer the alternative video to La Chapelle's one.

BritneyLimited

Honestly, I think the 2nd video is a bit better. First of all, there is a storyline. I don't really see the point in the LaChapelle video. 

In the official 2nd video, I think she should have audition for guys (her dancers) and instead of sleeping with one of them at the end, just shoot with them the dancing scene (using tjhe choreo from LaChapelle video).

I agree with the opening scene. That's Britney's video but we see more the girls than Britney herself. I really dislike product placement. Of course they can use Sony TV, BMW car but it is just TOO much.

So basically, this video could have been a casting for hot dancers. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ricki Lake said:

It's artistic and if you've seen any of David LaChapelle's work, you'd know he likes to incorporate things like leopards, zebra stripes, bright colors and styled lighting into his work. It's his thing and the original video is very obviously a David LaChapelle video. I can't imagine what her team was expecting because when I think of a David LaChapelle video, that is exactly what I think of. Some things are purely for the visual aesthetic like the leopards and others have real meaning, like the cage. 

Sis I know Davids work, the main thing is she should have shut it down if she wasnt liking the directikn of the video, but I strongly believe this video will be more accepted than the original one, and its really not as bad as people are making it to be. This being said, by a not so positive and pessimist fan...

7 minutes ago, Charlot said:

Honestly, I think the 2nd video is a bit better. First of all, there is a storyline. I don't really see the point in the LaChapelle video. 

In the official 2nd video, I think she should have audition for guys (her dancers) and instead of sleeping with one of them at the end, just shoot with them the dancing scene (using tjhe choreo from LaChapelle video).

I agree with the opening scene. That's Britney's video but we see more the girls than Britney herself. I really dislike product placement. Of course they can use Sony TV, BMW car but it is just TOO much.

So basically, this video could have been a casting for hot dancers. 

Exactly what I think. 

5 minutes ago, Ricki Lake said:

In the original video, she is frustrated with her man (he doesn't make her ooh) so she's been hanging around with dudes and decides to kill him. Now that he's dead, she hooks up with G Eazy who tells her she's a dangerous woman, but he's into it. She's covered in "blood" and the cage is "jail" but her man is dead and she's single for the rest of the video, free to hook up with whoever she wants. It makes sense to me and is more entertaining than the boring **** we got yesterday.

That storyline is good but sadly, we do not see this in the LaChapelle video. Maybe that's why they did not keep it. Well, maybe if we can see a full video of it, it will be obvious but all the scenes we've seen, I did not catch that storyline.

And even if she kills her boyfriend (with the tv in the swimming pool), we don't even see his face so how can we know that her boyfriend (if of course, we see  him at the beginning of the video)...

Plus, the cage scene is useless and vulgar. To me, it's just a copy of the iconic Toxic scene and there is no point of doing it again.

I agree the video from yesterday is boring BUT my first post was more about my vision of what they should have done for an alternative video. It's not perfect, but it's better than the boring auditions she is doing with her girls.

5 minutes ago, thebritneyarmy said:

the new video is trash if you like it your delusional as **** 

the original would of been iconic 

Its not that I like it. I dont MIND it...she has better vídeos,  but she also has worse videos...GM and  Perfume for exemple. The video is even more entertaining than TTWE tbh.

And i'm shipping the video outfits so much! 

Is this the point where we try to convince ourselves the official video is better because we know we are never getting the original one? :wontcry: 

I love the official video omg, Britney and her girls are so hilarious omg squad goals, those guys are so hot and the fat one was so funny omg the advertising was really smart and well done, Britney really delivered with this reshot video :walkonby:

9 minutes ago, Ricki Lake said:

In the original video, she is frustrated with her man (he doesn't make her ooh) so she's been hanging around with dudes and decides to kill him. Now that he's dead, she hooks up with G Eazy who tells her she's a dangerous woman, but he's into it. She's covered in "blood" and the cage is "jail" but her man is dead and she's single for the rest of the video, free to hook up with whoever she wants. It makes sense to me and is more entertaining than the boring **** we got yesterday.

sis a video like this with Make Me played in the background will be horrifying....... It's like DLBTLTK's video being replaced by BBHMM:xcuseme:

If Make Me sounds as dark as Gimme More/ BBHMM, your concept for the video would be cool. But Make Me sounds like a sweet song, not dark at all. Kill your man because he doesn't make you ooh? It's pretty dark .....:dontlike:

2 minutes ago, brit_wing said:

sis a video like this with Make Me played in the background will be horrifying....... It's like DLBTLTK's video being replaced by BBHMM:xcuseme:

If Make Me sounds as dark as Gimme More/ BBHMM, your concept for the video would be cool. But Make Me sounds like a sweet song, not dark at all. Kill your man because he doesn't make you ooh? It's pretty dark .....:dontlike:

So it's more appropriate to **** some dude on camera in front of your friends? That's "sweet"?:dontlike:

18 minutes ago, thebritneyarmy said:

the new video is trash if you like it your delusional as **** 

the original would of been iconic 

If there is something Im not is delusional my dear. Check my threads and you'll see it. I just think everybody is overreacting. The new video is far from being perfect but the original video ( to me, ofc) seems like a hot mess. Britney is not artistic, she's no Lady Gaga, she's not breaking boundaries anymore. The jokes on all of you, that were all hyped when you should have know better by now. We cant expect much from Britney anymore, and thats the truth. Enjoy the music...which isnt great either imo.

4 minutes ago, SoLucky said:

So it's more appropriate to **** some dude on camera in front of your friends? That's "sweet"?:dontlike:

Of course it's not appropriate either:orly:Since when Britney's vides are appropriate.

But at least it not as dark as killing someone:xcuseme: You can say it is shameless, it is like having fun

Archived