Why the MAke me video is actually good.

Pscott

Hi Guys! I'm new here but i want to share my feelins.

The music video for "Make Me" that was released isn't all that bad, I feel like its actually a smart way to approach this album. sure its basic af and its not even artsy fartsy. 

For the younger people, The Britney that we love (the dancing one), is an outdated image (yeah sure, its what makes her unique from current pop acts).  But that's why they released the second version : to introduce normalney and everydayney to the modern music scene, so that they'll relate to her and consider her as a current act. AND THEN Britney's team will re-introduce the *** maniac dancing banshee persona in a video for the second single or etc, once they are sure they got new people hooked.

Just think of the "Make Me" video as Maroon 5's "Sugar" video, its extremely basic and cliche and not shocking but its more appealing and relatable <reaches a bigger audience>.

I dont know, just my thoughts, they are subject to change.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pscott said:

Hi Guys! I'm new here but i want to share my feelins.

The music video for "Make Me" that was released isn't all that bad, I feel like its actually a smart way to approach this album. sure its basic af and its not even artsy fartsy. 

For the younger people, The Britney that we love (the dancing one), is an outdated image (yeah sure, its what makes her unique from current pop acts).  But that's why they released the second version : to introduce normalney and everydayney to the modern music scene, so that they'll relate to her and consider her as a current act. AND THEN Britney's team will re-introduce the *** maniac dancing banshee persona in a video for the second single or etc, once they are sure they got new people hooked.

Just think of the "Make Me" video as Maroon 5's "Sugar" video, its extremely basic and cliche and not shocking but its more appealing and relatable <reaches a bigger audience>.

I dont know, just my thoughts, they are subject to change.

I think in a way that you're right. The dancing Britney is not something new people are looking for. She is known for that but maybe they tried to make a music video that the new generation will like... I don't know... Well, the video is there and that's all hahaha

45 minutes ago, Charlot said:

I think in a way that you're right. The dancing Britney is not something new people are looking for. She is known for that but maybe they tried to make a music video that the new generation will like... I don't know... Well, the video is there and that's all hahaha

Right? in a way i felt that Dancing Britney would make most people go "same old" . hahaha oh well in another alternate time dimension

Jennifer lopez dances in all her videos and is more relevant to gp than britney is now... 

That song doesnt fit to this clip... at all... that song is such a masterpiece it deserves some artsy fartsy visual but whatever... britney was legendary once upon a time... now she is just playing it safe...boring..

31 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

The thing is a first single video needs to be iconic. Especially after the last few years of Britney's career. She needed strong visuals to really make a statement. And this video didn't do that.

Tbh I agree about the iconic part, even chill britney could've been iconic. 

Archived