[ Poll ] What has tarnished her reputation the most ?

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

What has tarnished her reputation the most ?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lord Bills

lip syncing :crying1:

i'm so tired to see people bashing her voice, i mean, this is britney spears jesus christ, who cares if it was 17+ years ago? :girlfall:

The lip-syncing and the lack of promo.

Many pop stars lip-sync from time to time (or even often), but Britney is the only one doing it all the time, and it affects her credibility.

Combined with a clear lack of promotion, you have the explanation why Britney Jean flopped (some artists with average records manage to sell them because they promote them hard).

I don't think the breakdown tarnished her reputation. I do think some people now see her as a warrior: I encounter from time to time people saying "If Britney went through 2007, you can do this").

9 minutes ago, Miss Cootie said:

the lidl hair care line.

It was iconic! And the hair dryer works flawlessly! :lessons:

• Super Mods

Not to obsess over the breakdown, but I feel like the way that it's shaped her career afterwards has been damaging, in some ways. And I'm not trying to be critical of the actions that had to be immediately taken back then to veer her in a healthier, better direction for her personal life. But a lot of people comment how she seems really restricted when in interviews, like she can't just freely speak her mind. They see her as trapped or incapable, as if she can't stand on her own. And while it's not our business to know what specifically happened, people always comment that she almost ignores that it ever happened. And I can understand why she doesn't speak about it, completely, as she's in a totally different and better place in her life. But if she had a chance to actually set the record, not to appease anyone but to actually take charge of the way people warp her public image, I feel like she could put a lot of BS to rest.

I'd say the lypsincing even though i voted the lack of promo, i think its a mix of those two...

I mean if she really did sing live at least at her shows it would be fine, she can do tv performances and lypsinc them, but do that all the time is a little weird especially being a singer...NOT THAT I CARE (too much) just answering what I think:bpo:

Though she's on a good way, the BB performance was a first step to at least in my country a lot of people said WOW Britney is in shape and she still can move, and remember the choreos.....i hope in the iheart we get a little of liveney. :cooltshirt:

10 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said:

She was the only one able to defeat the Sith during her breakdown. She save the Earth. :tbh:

12345698_541207242715791_1873346419_n.jp

:moorangu: 

She is a warrior / survivor but a lot of people still think she is crazy, or joke about the umbrella - bald episode :crying1:

The breakdown by far and all of you voting for lack of promo should really be voting for the breakdown because it's the reason why she no longer promotes! I can't say I blame her I mean after all the **** she's been through it's a miracle she still does anything anymore.......I mean think about it her success is what almost destroyed her!  

Madonna kiss, 48 hour marriage to Alexander, Marriage to Kfed, Baby 1, Baby 2, head-shaving/breakdown and overall trashy image between 2004-2007.

I grew up not being a Britney fan actually. It wasn't until Toxic that I became a fan. Everyone else around me was a stan though. I mean, like, EVERYONE. My classmates, all the popular kids and even the unpopular ones, teachers, my aunts and uncles, cousins, my mom and dad and sis, the cashier lady at the convenient store near my house, the bus drivers, our maid, our dog, the neighborhood kids on the street, and ALL my friends were Britney fans. She was literally everywhere and everyone stanned.

Fast forward to 2005: Nobody talks about her. Everyone avoids Britney topics or anything Britney-related like the plague. Britney posters and CDs are off the shelves in the market. No one mentions her. If they do talk about her, it's about her weight, pregnancy, Kfed, bad parenting or how she let herself go etc.

2008: She gets herself back together. Not one of those people were there for her comeback. And I mean, NO ONE. Except me. It was so sad to see her slaying in North America but not in Asia. No one was there for her. I knew not one person who openly supported her :wendycry:

She never was able to regain that public attraction again, and on top of that with FF and Xfactor.. and now being invisible for 3 years because of Vegas. People forgot about her amazingness :crying1:

The breakdown, definitely. A friend of mine not too long ago asked me if Britney was ok and if her life was back on track. That's how strong the breakdown affected her image, unfortunately.

Lipsyncing too but it has been a thing since 1999. It's just that it's brought up everytime Britney performs, even in the case of an amazing performance like BBMA 2016.

9 minutes ago, sunkissed said:

Madonna kiss, 48 hour marriage to Alexander, Marriage to Kfed, Baby 1, Baby 2, head-shaving/breakdown and overall trashy image between 2004-2007.

I grew up not being a Britney fan actually. It wasn't until Toxic that I became a fan. Everyone else around me was a stan though. I mean, like, EVERYONE. My classmates, all the popular kids and even the unpopular ones, teachers, my aunts and uncles, cousins, my mom and dad and sis, the cashier lady at the convenient store near my house, the bus drivers, our maid, our dog, the neighborhood kids on the street, and ALL my friends were Britney fans. She was literally everywhere and everyone stanned.

Fast forward to 2005: Nobody talks about her. Everyone avoids Britney topics or anything Britney-related like the plague. Britney posters and CDs are off the shelves in the market. No one mentions her. If they do talk about her, it's about her weight, pregnancy, Kfed, bad parenting or how she let herself go etc.

2008: She gets herself back together. Not one of those people were there for her comeback. And I mean, NO ONE. Except me. It was so sad to see her slaying in North America but not in Asia. No one was there for her. I knew not one person who openly supported her :wendycry:

She never was able to regain that public attraction again, and on top of that with FF and Xfactor.. and now being invisible for 3 years because of Vegas. People forgot about her amazingness :crying1:

:crying1:

I wanted to put the kiss with Madonna, but it's not a bad thing anymore for her reputation. It was at the time though

The 55h marriage is a part of her (early) breakdown to me 

Archived