Watch Britney Spears & Iggy Azalea's "pretty Girls" Music Video

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Watch Britney Spears & Iggy Azalea's "Pretty Girls" Music Video

Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea's "Pretty Girls" music video is out!

The Britney Army went crazy a few weeks back over photos of their idol dressed up in a cheetah crop top & jeans accompanied by a golden spray tan and a pop of pink lip gloss while singing alongside Iggy Azalea, but the stills are now in full fledge video form. The Azalea co-directed visual for a single that belongs to neither sees inspiration from the 1980s cult classic "Earth Girls Are Easy" starring Gina Davis.

"I didn’t dance! [britney] wanted me to," Azalea tells
USA Today
. "Since I was co-directing the video, the way I explained it was, it would be kind of obnoxious for me to direct a video and give myself a dance break as well. Like, 'Here’s the video! And I gave myself a dance scene!' I don’t know if it necessarily fits my identity, but I think Britney’s identity is really embedded in being a dancer, and that’s something she really wanted to do as well. So there’s a lot of dancing in the video, but I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily centered around that."

Britney plays the bimbo blonde who encounters an out of this world alien played by Iggy. It makes for a playful and fun (reference) pop visual as the two sing about on top of a car, in a retro nightclub and at a car wash. It's one thing to see the two collaborate together on a song, another to watch them do it in person. Sure, Iggy's acting chops in the video are cringeworthy, but that's part of the delicious pop package we love watching Britney take part in. They song is split up several times throughout the vid, including a dialogue bit and a dance breakdown, a scene that was all Britney's idea. Brit says of the video:

"This is the first video I've done in a while where I came up with the concept and there's a lot of dancing in it. I got new choreographers to come in and do kinda like hip-hop dancing which I haven't done in a really long time, so the feel of the video is really different and high energy, y'know?"

Check it out below:

What did you think of the "Pretty Girls" music video? Let us know in Exhale!

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived