Thoughts on Britney’s GMA ‘11 Performance

This event was exciting mainly for the hype, & beautiful in the sense that everyone was praising, & cheering for her — but it’s ironic & sad, how everything was set up so perfectly, yet she was completely disconnected from the moment. 

Actually, there was a chapter in her memoir, where she mentioned she had reached a point of autopilot. I’m sure it was a later chapter regarding her Vegas residency, but I feel like this performance solidly represents Britney being on “autopilot mode.” She was seemingly going through the motions, & there was absolutely no sign of her wanting to be there, in my opinion.

Here’s her “HIAM” performance:

Anyway, I’m glad the Femme Fatale era is long gone, although these documented “somber-coated” moments will evidently continue to linger, so we are bound to stumble upon them, every so often.

I’m curious to know, what were your thoughts on this performance?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, OneLife said:

Despite everything she went through and experienced, she managed to bring us a good album with good music videos and wonderful photoshoots...

I can’t argue about the photoshoots. She truly slayed the Harper’s Bazaar, & V magazine photo sessions, for sure.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.