Was Britney meant to be on Spring Breakers Remix?

I loved the remix and Kesha is amazing, but it sounds so Britney haha

Well, Everytime is interpolated in the song (I know it is because of the movie but still), they mention Outrageous as well and some key Britney words like I'm free, I'm Kesha *****, etc. I am being delusional, but Britey would be such a good fit for it :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

• Like 2

I feel really bad for Charli, as out of all the current pop girls, she seems like she is a genuine fan of Brit, and she clearly got the short end of the stick in the end (especially with Britney's comment about "random people" and all that Cade-related mess).
Compared to how some other popstars who praised Britney paid her homage by coming a little to close to trying to be her at times (Tate), made questionable tributes reenacting her personal struggles in a video (Halsey) or flip-floped between praise and passive-aggresive comments (Katy, Kesha, Gaga), she's always listed Britney as her number 1 inspiration, without a nervous half-embarassed laugh or playing it of as an ironic gesture. 
I'm sure she understands that Britney is traumatized and it's nobody's fault really, but still, it must hurt. Especially since at one time she was asked to do Slumber Party with her. 
Tinashe is also great in my book, but yet, even if Britney wasn't 100% into her career when the collaborated, she got to realise her "pop dream". With Charli it seems like she missed her shot by a second.

That being said, I think it could've been an nice opportunity for Britney to let off some steam, especially if  they collaborated without third-party, face to dace. I think with Charli's idgaf attitude, Britney could do something totally out of left-field, with no commercial, corporate strings attached, speaking her mind on a track, without a pressure from a record label to make a hit. But nevertheless it's Britney's choice if she doesn't want to, and I respect that.

Edited by dandy
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.