I don’t think Britney’s ”quitting” music for good

Last night, I found myself pondering over Britney’s rumored departure from the industry, & how it’s been heavily speculated, based on this one caption she wrote on IG earlier this year:

“They keep saying I'm turning to random people to do a new album … I will never return to the music industry!!!” 

For one, I don’t blame her for writing that caption, since the overstated rumors likely ruffled her feathers. However, I’m also the type of person who’s learned to take many of the things she says with a grain of salt, as she’s known to be quite impulsive with her captions, especially when she’s upset. Now, I’m not trying to be “delusional” to think she’s not retired, nor am I trying to convince anyone to jump on board — but she’s only human, & her outlook can change at any time, whether it be sooner or later. 

I feel like many fans take what she says in a “said in stone” sort of way, but there’s more to Britney than meets the eye, in my opinion. Basically, I don’t see her albums ending with Glory. I feel like her connection with music is too profound to make me settle on the notion that she’d simply leave, & discard everything. Her talents would eventually give her the itch to continue doing what she’s truly passionate about anyway — & if music is one of those things, then it wouldn’t be as narrow as “okay, she’s done.”

Regardless of how chaotic her lifestyle may seem to any of us, it’s a fact that we don’t know (nor will we ever) her most personal thoughts about her career, & the amount of inspiration/desire inside of her to make (or not make) music, or even how she feels about her fans, at this specific point in time. She may have retired interviews, or touring (for example), but I don’t think she’d leave music for good. That’s only my opinion, which I clearly stand by, but I’d love to hear yours.

Do you think Britney’s retired from music?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

She will do more music the problem though is the vocals aren’t as strong the dancing isn’t no where near the same so it probably be an auto tuned cash grab with no promo.

She can train her singing and dancing. I think she can still sing very well if she trains her voice.

• Love 1

I don't think Britney is entirely DONE with music altogether (she may decide to do the occasional collaboration here and there or whatever she feels like) but I really don't see her returning to the music industry in any traditional way (in terms of releasing albums, shooting music video's, having era's, going on tour etc) I think she is firmly done with that part of her life. She has told us this several times and I think one thing some fans get wrong is that they think (or tell themselves) that her natural love and passion for music and performing will draw her back but I don't think it will. We saw from what she wrote in her book that she still adores music and that she feels fulfilled by music just by enjoying it in her own way and doesn't need to be releasing new music and performing on stage in order to satisfy that passion.

Of course, it's entirely possible that she could change her mind in the future and if she ever did decide she wanted to do it on her own terms we would be thrilled as fans, but from everything she has said she seems to be completely over being a part of the industry.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.