Britney is free from more than the conservatorship.

Being Britney Spears has meant for a good proportion of her life she has had to be someone so far from herself.

If you think about the lip syncing, ghost singers, forced performances and interviews where she has had to pretend she's happy, the conservatorship, residencies - literally everything has been shrouded in deception.

When the lid was blew off the conservatorship this all was finally over. Being the main part of a machine that requires you to be an inauthentic version of yourself for most of your child and adult life must have taken its toll. It's no wonder she's in no hurry to ever come back to the industry.

For the latter part of her career almost everything felt inauthentic, the interviews were horrendous and the performances and music lacklustre, despite a few gems where she mustered the strength and found her original spark for her craft.

I do hope she does realize though that a music career does not have to equal control and deception, she could have it all on her own terms but whether she wants to or not at 41 is entirely up to her.

It must feel freeing not having this inauthenticity hanging over her anymore, and it's no wonder she doesn't really know who she is as an adult woman when she has spent her whole adult life being something others wanted of her.

That's why I don't ever expect anything from her now, it's much bigger than the abuse she experienced in the conservatorship, it's about her soul and her finding herself all over again. 

Edited by Mayenaise
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Dark Willow said:

Are You Sure Fact Check GIF

Am I sure about her about her not feeling weighed down by a fake persona and all the deception mentioned above by being Britney Spears for the past 20 years?  Yes.

Otherwise she would have jumped straight back into a career on her own terms.

1 hour ago, Micce_InBut Black Out said:

then i wonder why doesnt she say more about the process of her albums etc

if she was, like, way more free, shed talk about Britney Jean, shed talk about Rebellion, shed talk about Original Doll.

im sure if she could shed release book twice as long...

Free from the weight of the deception of her career. What does that have to do with taking about her work or her book?

If anything the lack of content in her book about her actual career or achievement proves my point, but that's not what I was taking about.

Edited by Mayenaise
12 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

Am I sure about her about her not feeling weighed down by a fake persona and all the deception mentioned above by being Britney Spears for the past 20 years?  Yes.

Otherwise she would have jumped straight back into a career on her own terms.

Freedom looks like misery when we see Britney nowadays. 

We still are seeing lies and a fake persona (she thinks her instagram shows a happy life). Still quiet...

Things are still looking inauthentic as ever, with forced narratives,  contradictions and bizarre episodes. 

Working or not, it looks like nothing really changed from the c-ship years... The years you described it. 

But I agree that Britney not working is a good thing. The less she feeds her leeches, the better. 

28 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

Freedom looks like misery when we see Britney nowadays. 

We still are seeing lies and a fake persona (she thinks her instagram shows a happy life). Still quiet...

Things are still looking inauthentic as ever, with forced narratives,  contradictions and bizarre episodes. 

Working or not, it looks like nothing really changed from the c-ship years... The years you described it. 

But I agree that Britney not working is a good thing. The less she feeds her leeches, the better. 

Her being delusional about the perception of her Instagram has nothing to do with living an authentic life. Her life and her image has never been more authentic to her as it is now.

If anything the past 20 years has probably damaged her current perception of herself. She no longer has the worry of forced appearances, lip syncing to audiences in Vegas or doing business deals and promos for whatever contracts she was signed up for.

Where is her fake persona? 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.