Gaga lists Britney as one of her Icons: "I Loved Britney"

She laughed when she mentioned Britney's name, and I could sense a subtle shade. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

I often wonder why some people struggle to openly express their admiration for Britney as an inspiration, resorting instead to labeling it a “guilty pleasure.” There’s no need to laugh when you say her name; it’s not funny. She deserves to be recognized with the same seriousness as any other influential artist.

• Love 2
  • Like 7
14 minutes ago, Mutya said:

She laughed when she mentioned Britney's name, and I could sense a subtle shade. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

I often wonder why some people struggle to openly express their admiration for Britney as an inspiration, resorting instead to labeling it a “guilty pleasure.” There’s no need to laugh when you say her name; it’s not funny. She deserves to be recognized with the same seriousness as any other influential artist.

I think she was just reminiscing with a giggle and listing off the artists she loved! I don't think it was shade boo x

She's always publicly spoken respectfully about her love for B! 

4 minutes ago, CentralCJ said:

Don’t let Britney see this 

Scared Hide GIF by Get Out Movie

Gurl they are fine. She hates the fake ones...

britney-spears-lady-gaga-instagram.jpg

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mutya said:

She laughed cuz she was scared:weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:, cuz BRITNEY’s watching Watching I See You GIF

but she loves Gaga tho :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Edited by Imnotcrazy
  • Haha 6
56 minutes ago, Mutya said:

Agreed. Gaga has nothing to giggle about when she mentions Britney, she has yet to deliver a SINGLE performance that’s as iconic as Primeney’s.

What’s even worse is the fact that Britney always speaks highly of people that don’t deserve it, and with no shade or disrespect (well, maybe except the Sabrina girl Carpenter case :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:). 

• Love 4

Absolutely, as she should. Britney Spears was a pop music reset. She had to walk—and endure the media’s relentless scrutiny—so today’s pop stars could run. Even if her career had ended in 2007 after her breakdown, it would still be more iconic than most. Britney truly deserves the recognition; she’s inspired an entire generation of pop artists.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

Gaga sat in silence during the C Ship then all of a sudden Britney was freed and she went on this Britney train of talking about freedom.

Yet Christina, tweets and did an interview in support of Britney and gets bashed for not wanting to talk about it on her Grammy night.

:queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Christina also did it before the cship was lifted and before it was officially “ok” to speak up against it. People like Gaga did not deserve credit for it.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

Christina also did it before the cship was lifted and before it was officially “ok” to speak up against it. People like Gaga did not deserve credit for it.

Exactly and Christina’s statement was one of, if not the best one of support out of everyone. 

Sad this fandom wants to choose delusion over hating X Tina for not making everything about Britney.

11 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

Exactly and Christina’s statement was one of, if not the best one of support out of everyone. 

Sad this fandom wants to choose delusion over hating X Tina for not making everything about Britney.

I honestly didn’t find her “but I’m happy for her” statement problematic. She used to talk a lot of **** back when she was threatened and insecure, but she actually hasn’t said anything bad in years. 

Britney took the high road for years, but unfortunately finally dished it out when it wasn’t really warranted IMO. 

9 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

Most of her career has unfortunately been in the shade of Britney.

Even now her fans can’t enjoy the moment without needing to remind everyone how miserable Britney must be.

:byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Like 1
Just now, SlideAway said:

Even now her fans can’t enjoy the moment without needing to remind everyone how miserable Britney must be.

People want to hold onto a feud they had when they were in their early 20's.

Since then X Tina has grown up and Britney hasn't, so if people want to act ridiculous over Christina not making her Grammy night about Britney they can remain pressed.

Christina has been nothing but kind to Britney for many years, exchanging baby gifts, following her online, showed her support when she joined the X Factor, and came to her defense many times with the C Ship and other things.

This whole let's hate X Tina over something so stupid.:queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Just now, SlideAway said:

I was honestly embarrassed for her back in the day. ANYONE in her position would be pressed after the VMA performance, it’s only natural, but most would be at least wise enough to hide it. :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed: I didn’t really hate her for that, just thought it was weird. 

She hasn’t said anything “bad” in 20 years though… I don’t think Britney’s latest comments about her were necessary. 

4 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

I was honestly embarrassed for her back in the day. ANYONE in her position would be pressed after the VMA performance, it’s only natural, but most would be at least wise enough to hide it. :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed: I didn’t really hate her for that, just thought it was weird. 

She hasn’t said anything “bad” in 20 years though… I don’t think Britney’s latest comments about her were necessary. 

Britney lashed out at a lot of people.

I don’t think it was a clever move, but I suspect she never forgot every little thing said about her over the years.

That’s not an excuse, just an observation.

What happened, happened. Nothing can be undone.

As fans we should probably move on from it, because what happens here daily on both sides is the stoking of a fire that needs putting out.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Mutya said:

So funny how fans can see 'shade' everywhere and anywhere when it's any other celebrity.

As for the nervous giggle, Gaga probably knows any form of praise will get her a lashing. That's probably why she or anyone else struggles to show admiration anymore.

14 minutes ago, SlideAway said:

Britney lashed out at a lot of people.

I don’t think it was a clever move, but I suspect she never forgot every little thing said about her over the years.

That’s not an excuse, just an observation.

What happened, happened. Nothing can be undone.

As fans we should probably move on from it, because what happens here daily on both sides is the stoking of a fire that needs putting out.

Oh yeah, it’s understandable for sure, only the timing seemed off. I just thought Gaga didn’t deserve the praise she got from Britney, and like @Mutya I don’t like it when Britney praises lesser artists and they barely pay true respect in return. 

2 hours ago, Mutya said:

This is dramatic AF. She was just happy to remember her icons

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.