Instagram is quietly turning older videos into static images. How can we preserve Britney's?

So I saw the other day a post about Instagram turning old videos into static images. I don't know if it's intentional or a bug, but it seems like it's happening to videos posted before 2022, and it's affecting everyone.

So I went and checked and some of Britney's videos are still playable, but there are others, like this one

https://www.instagram.com/britneyspears/reel/BrjNERig-WY/

which have become static, unplayable images.

I used to have a YouTube channel where I uploaded all of her videos, but YT banned me because it marked a random video as "seggs and nudity" even though it was just Britney wearing a long dress doing a closeup to her cleavage. I tried to create a new account, but I can't verify it because I would need another person's ID :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: so it limits my daily uploads to like 10 videos or so, so it would be a hassle to upload all the content I have.

I HAVE uploaded everything up to 2023 on the Internet Archive, but with the latest lawsuits it's facing, I'm not sure for how long the website is gonna last

So, my last resort is Twitter, which is where I've been uploading the latest clips from this year, but it's very disorganized. Maybe I could create like a thread per year, but again, with Elon we don't know what's the future of the app.

Soooo if anyone has any alternative of a website or app where you think I could upload the stuff I have, preferably in a way I can organize it chronologically, or at least by year>month, that is free, that doesn't care about nudity or music copyright, let me know :bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt:

I think some of the older videos are still on her Facebook though, so we can still access them for a while, but yeah this once again reminds us the Internet is in fact not forever as people made us think years ago. Also, this applies to your own videos if you have an IG account, so you may want to check that out, bc I don't know if they can be recovered.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

So I saw the other day a post about Instagram turning old videos into static images. I don't know if it's intentional or a bug, but it seems like it's happening to videos posted before 2022, and it's affecting everyone.

So I went and checked and some of Britney's videos are still playable, but there are others, like this one

https://www.instagram.com/britneyspears/reel/BrjNERig-WY/

which have become static, unplayable images.

I used to have a YouTube channel where I uploaded all of her videos, but YT banned me because it marked a random video as "seggs and nudity" even though it was just Britney wearing a long dress doing a closeup to her cleavage. I tried to create a new account, but I can't verify it because I would need another person's ID :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: so it limits my daily uploads to like 10 videos or so, so it would be a hassle to upload all the content I have.

I HAVE uploaded everything up to 2023 on the Internet Archive, but with the latest lawsuits it's facing, I'm not sure for how long the website is gonna last

So, my last resort is Twitter, which is where I've been uploading the latest clips from this year, but it's very disorganized. Maybe I could create like a thread per year, but again, with Elon we don't know what's the future of the app.

Soooo if anyone has any alternative of a website or app where you think I could upload the stuff I have, preferably in a way I can organize it chronologically, or at least by year>month, that is free, that doesn't care about nudity or music copyright, let me know :bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt:

I think some of the older videos are still on her Facebook though, so we can still access them for a while, but yeah this once again reminds us the Internet is in fact not forever as people made us think years ago. Also, this applies to your own videos if you have an IG account, so you may want to check that out, bc I don't know if they can be recovered.

It's  turning into images instead of videos

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.