Britney’s “Gimme More” VMA Rehearsal

I can only speak for myself, but I think Britney looked great in this rehearsal video for her “Gimme More” performance. I still can’t believe the public/media threw bricks are her for her “weight,” when she looked perfectly fine. Surely, her televised two-piece outfit was not her best look, & might’ve been labeled as “bad” for not achieving the “Britney” standards, but much of that gossip was plainly overstated. By the way, her outfit here reminds me of her ITZ times, & favored her much more than the official costume choice. Most importantly though, she was seemingly more focused, in comparison to the actual performance.

Here’s the video:

What are your thoughts on this rehearsal?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, stanLOONA said:

My thoghts are that I need really bad the other rehearsal with the finished ponytail :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard: a bad quality clip leaked a long time ago and now just a gif exists :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a version with a “finished ponytail,” can you share the .gif on this thread?

16 minutes ago, thesimplelife said:

she looked more confident with the jeans and top, it was always her best look. i don’t think she was mentally ready for a performance that big though. her team should’ve taken better care of her:(

I agree, but don’t think she even had a proper team at the time —although I could be wrong.

• Love 1

The outfit she wore during the televised performance did her no favors, because her body looked incredible here.

As for the performance itself, it was judged too harshly by both the media and fans alike. The song didn’t really call for a high energy dance routine, and looking back now, I liked her swagger and the IDGAF attitude she exuded. But I’m ngl, I was majority disappointed by the performance when it first aired.

I think because it was the VMAs, where she had some of her most iconic performances ever, anything less than her best was a letdown.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.