Look at Shakira here 47yo, and she manages to be s*xy, young, playful, and fun all at once.

After woman in me I think we need to correct something in fan’s minds. Britney never saw herself iconic, she was not aware of herself. She happened be there doing whatever she was told. It means she did not know the very essentials of dancing, singing or acting. She was just doing it either because she was told or she liked attention. She definitely did not know still to this day what her stardom meant. Also she did not take care of herself. Because you know, she’s a mom, she’s old. That’s why what she thinks. She will never be like shakira or Beyoncé . These people know they have some kind of treasure within them.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

After woman in me I think we need to correct something in fan’s minds. Britney never saw herself iconic, she was not aware of herself. She happened be there doing whatever she was told. It means she did not know the very essentials of dancing, singing or acting. She was just doing it either because she was told or she liked attention. She definitely did not know still to this day what her stardom meant. Also she did not take care of herself. Because you know, she’s a mom, she’s old. That’s why what she thinks. She will never be like shakira or Beyoncé . These people know they have some kind of treasure within them.

was not aware of herself? never saw herself iconic? gurl  :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: it's more complex than that. Britney had everything, right away, unlike others. She was iconic at 18. She just doesn't care about being an icon, she doesn’t care about anything, that's the problem.

• Love 2

She could play into that character if she wanted, but the truth is Shakira & Britney both had different experiences, & everyone handles hardships in their own way. Hence, I don’t think it’d be fair to compare, but I get what you mean. Britney has massive potential, I just think she’s tired of being everyone’s “plastic doll.”

Her perspective could change in the course of time, but for now I think we just have to accept Britney as who she’s choosing to be, & not the popstar we’d like for her

• Love 3
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Agyness said:

was not aware of herself? never saw herself iconic? gurl  :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: it's more complex than that. Britney had everything, right away, unlike others. She was iconic at 18. She just doesn't care about being an icon, she doesn’t care about anything, that's the problem.

That’s the label we put on her. She’s iconic to us, not to herself. 

3 minutes ago, DoYouDare? said:

She could play into that character if she wanted, but the truth is Shakira & Britney both had different experiences, & everyone handles hardships in their own way. Hence, I don’t think it’d be fair to compare, but I get what you mean. Britney has massive potential, I just think she’s tired of being everyone’s “plastic doll.”

Her perspective could change in the course of time, but for now I think we just have to accept Britney as who she’s choosing to be, & not the popstar we’d like for her

yes i agree 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DoYouDare? said:

“the popstar we’d like for her to be.”

The refresh rate on this site messed up my comment, but you get what I mean.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

That’s the label we put on her. She’s iconic to us, not to herself. 

It's her very humble side that makes us say that, but in reality, you can clearly see in the behind the sscenes of the music videos that she was very much a perfectionist. In "Oops" she intensely watches her face on the monitor, analyzing every little expression, so in my opinion, she knew exactly what she was doing.

• Love 1

Because Shakira still has self confidence, strong motivation and her kids by her side. She always had more freedom then Britney for sure.

Britney has serious self esteem issues. No supporting family or real friends. Isolated. Drugged to death for many years. Probably ended up with some brain damage. Thanks to high dosage Lithium. Traumatized.

We can't really compare Brit to others anymore. Because not fair. Britney the pop star we knew not exists anymore. We have to make a peace with that unfortunately.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, Dreamer26 said:

Because Shakira still has self confidence, strong motivation and her kids by her side. She always had more freedom then Britney for sure.

Britney has serious self esteem issues. No supporting family or real friends. Isolated. Drugged to death for many years. Probably ended up with some brain damage. Thanks to high dosage Lithium. Traumatized.

We can't really compare Brit to others anymore. Because not fair. Britney the pop star we knew not exists anymore. We have to make a peace with that unfortunately.

She went through everything you're talking about, even before this video, and yet she delivered this to us. I think it's more complicated than that. 

1 minute ago, Agyness said:

She went through everything you're talking about, even before this video, and yet she delivered this to us. I think it's more complicated than that. 

That was before last mental faculty. Before lithium actually.  She found some inspiration and more freedom for Glory era before they ****ed up everything for good.

Just now, Dreamer26 said:

That was before last mental faculty. Before lithium actually.  She found some inspiration and more freedom for Glory era before they ****ed up everything for good.

I didn't recognize Britney during 2011, "According to Rosengart's court filing, Britney's former music director, Marc Delcore said that Britney was worked to the bone and forced to take doses of lithium in 2010/2011, during Femme Fatale recording sessions (Britney might have not known what they were giving her because security forced her to take meds in a bag without telling her what it was. Britney confirmed this in her book": 

jjjjj.png

FJbkuh6XsAEKJxl?format=jpg&name=small

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.