Miley sued for Flowers

deano

I honestly knew that it’s coming by surprised they didn’t do it immediately after the release. Obviously it references Bruno Mars song but I don’t know if it’s copying. I hope she wins

Miley Cyrus' 'Flowers', which somehow made it into my Spotify Wrapped (thanks mum), is at the centre of a lawsuit.

The singer, 31, has been accused of copying one of Bruno Mars' hit records and is facing a copyright infringement lawsuit for 'Flowers' allegedly being too similar to Mars' 2013 track.

Though it's important to note that it's Tempo Music Investments who is suing Cyrus, not Mars.

Tempo Music has accused the Hannah Montana star of 'intentionally copying' 'When I Was Your Man' with the Grammy award-winning track 'Flowers', which came out in 2023.

The music investment platform - which owns a portion of US copyrights to the track - is claiming 'Flowers' has unauthorised 'exploitation' of Mars' Hot 100-charting song.

The lawsuit, obtained by Rolling Stone, read: "Any fan of Bruno Mars’ ‘When I Was Your Man’ knows that Miley Cyrus’ ‘Flowers’ did not achieve all of that success on its own.

The songs are so completely different that they could never be confused for being the same thing, but if Miley didn’t credit those who she was inspired by, lawsuits will follow.

Fortunately, she is either rich enough to pay them off or fight the case, so, no problem. Eh.

Pretty sure Miley didn’t go out of her way to hurt anyone with this and all will be resolved.

:drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.