Beyonce Snubbed At CMA'S (Although She Had One Of The Highest Selling Country Albums Of The Year) Matthew Knowles Calls Out CMA'S

I watched an interview with Natalie Maines explaining how awful people were about Beyoncé after their performance together at the CMA. So many racist things were said about Beyoncé, they removed the performance from YouTube. It was put back, I believe, because sensible voices eventually drowned out the nasty ones.

I think disliking an artist for their music or attitude is fine, but racism is never okay.

:imacat_cat_hiss_meme_white_kitty_mad:

• Like 1

It’s because the CMAs are racist. They are a solid representation of a segregated America and anti-Black and thieving world. The sole reason this record did not get any nominations is because they could not stand to see a Black artist have a top selling country record, in a genre pioneered by Black people using adaptations of many West African instruments, particularly with the banjo. 

on that note, I would love to see Bey speak out on the genocides happening across the world as her artistry and legacy goes beyond just being music at this point.   

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, stronger1992 said:

Girl you triggered. Get out and do something today. It’s not that deep. Beyoncé police in full swing. Just because it went #1 doesn’t make it good music. Which cowboy Carter wasn’t. 

Idk something tells me it runs deeper than just you not liking an album that wasn’t intended for you as the target audience anyway though?

Edited by rik
  • Like 1

I love Beyonce. Self titled, lemonade and renaissance are amazing.

However

Cowboy carter wasn’t great. It was a decent album but came and went without so much as a Peep really. Texas hold em was a hit and that was literally it. 

Also, it wasn’t a country album. It was still an R&B album with country influence. It had a couple of pure country songs, but a lot of it was R&B with country sprinkles. Honey buckin is a good example of that. 

So, I’m not surprised it wasn’t nominated at the CMA’s. Nominating it would just be pandering to the people’s idea of it being a country record, not it actually being a country record. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

You clearly didn't read the articles this is more than just being shut out the CMA's Bey was shoved out like her dad said for other alleged reasons.

I did read the articles and still stand by what I said. Beyonce and Jay z are very vocal about equality and fairness when things don’t go their way but don’t seem so worried about equality and fairness when they are taking songwriting credits for example. 

2 minutes ago, Britneystanley said:

I did read the articles and still stand by what I said. Beyonce and Jay z are very vocal about equality and fairness when things don’t go their way but don’t seem so worried about equality and fairness when they are taking songwriting credits for example. 

You’re absolutely right. Hypocrites really 

• Love 1
Just now, Britneystanley said:

You mean the way Myah Marie had to come out and take credit for all of her vocals that were pretended to be Britney's? :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

3 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

You mean the way Myah Marie had to come out and take credit for all of her vocals that were pretended to be Britney's? :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

Are we talking about Britney or Beyonce here? Cos you’re absolutely right about Myah but you posted an article about Beyoncé and have spoken more about Britney than anyone else? 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Britneystanley said:

Are we talking about Britney or Beyonce here? Cos you’re absolutely right about Myah but you posted an article about Beyoncé and have spoken more about Britney than anyone else? 

You're making it a point to talk about stolen credits when it comes to Bey, it fell flat when Myah came out and had to take her credit babe.

:rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

That's hilarious because people here are always saying similar things about you and the way you talk about Britney... and your obsession with her felon boyfriend Paul.

If you can't accept a different perspective about your favorite artist then yes... insecurity. You want everyone thinking exactly like you and when it doesn't happen... attack mode.

You literally started to mention things I never said about Beyonce and comparing with Britney, another person I didn't mention before. 

If I had praised CC your attitude would be totally different.

Wow… gaslight deluxe. You must be a pleasure to live with.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

I love Beyonce. Self titled, lemonade and renaissance are amazing.

However

Cowboy carter wasn’t great. It was a decent album but came and went without so much as a Peep really. Texas hold em was a hit and that was literally it. 

Also, it wasn’t a country album. It was still an R&B album with country influence. It had a couple of pure country songs, but a lot of it was R&B with country sprinkles. Honey buckin is a good example of that. 

So, I’m not surprised it wasn’t nominated at the CMA’s. Nominating it would just be pandering to the people’s idea of it being a country record, not it actually being a country record. 

Rnb with country sprinkles is such a good way to describe it.  

1 hour ago, eddieeddie said:

Wow… gaslight deluxe. You must be a pleasure to live with.

I don't know what are you talking about...

Are you saying that person isn't dragged left and right for his opinions about Britney?

He is the one talking about "world of darkness" as if he doesn't criticize Britney all the time and is some "positive fairy".  

I Don't pretend to be positive with my speechs like he is doing here. 

He is the one gaslighting here lol.

Edited by Dark Willow

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.