Britney Spears didn’t have to go THIS hard at the 2007 VMAs, but she did!

I know that's right! She was just oozing charisma and don't give a **** attitude. Not her best but she didn't give a hell of damn... Rockstar behavior...  Meanwhile you have these new pop girlies having barely an ounce of this much rizz in their "peak" being herald as the new Britney. You have to laugh... :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Edited by PlatinumB
  • Love 9

So my younger sister whos 19 told me she binged watched a lot of Britney performances, and she described this performance as the one that people thought she “did bad,” but she thought it was really good. Of course my sister was educating herself with the icon and queen.

Just goes to show how toxic britneys generation is/was with her. It also shows how high of bar britney left for herself where they expected nothing but 1 million percent, and anything less was a drag.

She did okay, with this performance, as she said in for the record, but in actuality I think its a very good performance. No one can match her presence. Others look like glorified backup dancers at best in comparison.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Princessmimi said:

Honestly in my opinion: This performance is overly hated.

Yeah she had very low energy compared to previous performances but if you saw the rehearsal,

its basically the same choreography.

Also I remember people hating on her body when nowadays, she'd be considered a 10.

Exactly, insane how she was considered “fat”

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Princessmimi said:

Honestly in my opinion: This performance is overly hated.

Yeah she had very low energy compared to previous performances but if you saw the rehearsal,

its basically the same choreography.

Also I remember people hating on her body when nowadays, she'd be considered a 10.

The fact that she was deemed “overweight” during this era is exactly why I was so underweight and had an eating disorder as a 17 year old in 2007. My parents told me I looked like Nicole Richie and I stopped getting my period because I was just too skinny.

The 90s and 00s screwed so many of us up. Britney definitely has issues with her self-esteem, too.

Edited by MarshallMathers
  • Love 6
  • Super Mods
34 minutes ago, MarshallMathers said:

The fact that she was deemed “overweight” during this era is exactly why I was so underweight and had an eating disorder as a 17 year old in 2007. My parents told me I looked like Nicole Richie and I stopped getting my period because I was just too skinny.

The 90s and 00s screwed so many of us up. Britney definitely has issues with her self-esteem, too.

I'm sorry you went through that.

Yeah I remember how toxic the 90s and 2000s were especially towards body image.

It seemed like in the 2010s was when body positivity started.

I just wish I could've experienced that growing up instead of the toxicity we grew up with.

• Love 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.