I got into a fight today while standing up for a bullied child, how should I feel about it?

I’m not sure how to feel about what happened because it was awful. Basically, I was out for my daily jog in the park, which is a big place with lots of sports activities going on. When I first got there, I saw a group of high school kids yelling at another child. I stayed back to watch, trying to figure out if it was serious or just a minor argument between friends. Nothing much seemed to be happening, so I went about my routine. 

An hour later, on my way home, I saw the same group still bullying that same child. They were yelling and pushing him, and he was crying, while everyone else just watched without doing anything. I literally started shaking. I could barely see straight, like I was in a trance. As I got closer, some of the boys ran away, but the main bully kept screaming at the kid. :anxiety_pill_struggle_panic_ahh_bottle_Wendy_williams_shake_shaking:

That’s when I just lost it… I literally started shouting “WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?” I screamed so loud that everyone went on mute. The bully looked shocked and didn’t answer. I turned to the victim and asked him why he was still standing there. He was completely frozen. I told him “Come with me, go home, why are you staying here?” He replied “But they won’t let me go.” I told him, “You should go now…I’ve got your back” and he finally started running.:nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

After that, the group came up to me, asking why I yelled, saying the kid had been rude to them. I told them “That’s no excuse to bully someone for over an hour.” Nothing really came of it… they just kept making excuses while I explained I didn’t know the kid had been rude. Anyway, I eventually walked away… but they started mocking and laughing at me. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Thank God I didn’t lose control and put my hands on them. I was soooo furious, but at the same time, I was so relieved and happy that I helped that poor kid. Now I feel kind of stupid because I don’t usually get into fights, but I couldn’t just stand by and watch them abuse him.:heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Am I in danger now? What if those bullying are coming after me? :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh:

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Style. said:

I’m not sure how to feel about what happened because it was awful. Basically, I was out for my daily jog in the park, which is a big place with lots of sports activities going on. When I first got there, I saw a group of high school kids yelling at another child. I stayed back to watch, trying to figure out if it was serious or just a minor argument between friends. Nothing much seemed to be happening, so I went about my routine. 

An hour later, on my way home, I saw the same group still bullying that same child. They were yelling and pushing him, and he was crying, while everyone else just watched without doing anything. I literally started shaking. I could barely see straight, like I was in a trance. As I got closer, some of the boys ran away, but the main bully kept screaming at the kid. :anxiety_pill_struggle_panic_ahh_bottle_Wendy_williams_shake_shaking:

That’s when I just lost it… I literally started shouting “WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?” I screamed so loud that everyone went on mute. The bully looked shocked and didn’t answer. I turned to the victim and asked him why he was still standing there. He was completely frozen. I told him “Come with me, go home, why are you staying here?” He replied “But they won’t let me go.” I told him, “You should go now…I’ve got your back” and he finally started running.:nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

After that, the group came up to me, asking why I yelled, saying the kid had been rude to them. I told them “That’s no excuse to bully someone for over an hour.” Nothing really came of it… they just kept making excuses while I explained I didn’t know the kid had been rude. Anyway, I eventually walked away… but they started mocking and laughing at me. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Thank God I didn’t lose control and put my hands on them. I was soooo furious, but at the same time, I was so relieved and happy that I helped that poor kid. Now I feel kind of stupid because I don’t usually get into fights, but I couldn’t just stand by and watch them abuse him.:heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Am I in danger now? What if those bullying are coming after me? :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh:

So you stood up to the bullies, and they ended up bullying and laughing at you too? :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

You just tell me where to find these a-holes, and I will set them straight. I’m not afraid to throw hands, either. :beat_fighting_punching_hitting_angry:
But in all seriousness, I’m glad you stood up for the kid. And it must have been even harder to do when nobody around was doing a thing about it. Proud of you, babe! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 2

You did the right thing.

Sounds like you are mentally strong enough to take the verbal abuse of those little ****s. Even if they had pulled your hair or pushed you, at least you stood your ground. They deserve to be hit by a bus OOPS! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Popprincess19 said:

It’s what Britney would do! Just like when she defended her bodyguard after someone called him the n word. But obviously try to avoid physical fights

Yes, of course. I’m not a conflictual person, but I just couldn’t let them abuse him like that. Poor little kid he was crying so much. 

1 hour ago, LordofTheMoodRing said:

You did the right thing 🤘💗🤘 

Bring a tazor wahahahaha

Electric Shock Pain GIF by Mashed

Thank you! It just feels so weird to be in a “fight”… why can’t we live in peace?:sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

30 minutes ago, BlackoutIsYay6543 said:

Awesome! 💪🏽

I told the child to go home and that I had his back, but I forgot to remind him to talk to someone…. his mom, dad, or anyone. Vile world!

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

So you stood up to the bullies, and they ended up bullying and laughing at you too? :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

You just tell me where to find these a-holes, and I will set them straight. I’m not afraid to throw hands, either. :beat_fighting_punching_hitting_angry:
But in all seriousness, I’m glad you stood up for the kid. And it must have been even harder to do when nobody around was doing a thing about it. Proud of you, babe! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Yeah, so I told the child to come with me, and he did. We talked for a bit, but when I saw the bullies coming after us, I told him to run. It’s funny how these nasty people work, they said, “We’re just joking, he’s our friend.” When I heard that, I straight up told them to back tf off. Then they all started spewing more nonsense. I ended up just leaving once they couldn’t see the victim because it felt so awkward, and people were staring at us.:trash_throw_away_recycle:

Thank you, boo!:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: It’s just sad that we have to live like this… and I can’t even imagine what’s happening out there in the real world with all the wars and people getting killed.

Oh, and one more thing. I told my family about it, and they basically said I should mind my own business… like wow :4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad:

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, HIM said:

You did the right thing.

Sounds like you are mentally strong enough to take the verbal abuse of those little ****s. Even if they had pulled your hair or pushed you, at least you stood your ground. They deserve to be hit by a bus OOPS! 

I didn’t touch them, and they didn’t touch me either, but it was such a cruel experience. That poor kid was crying while those stupid bullies were kicking at him… really sad! 

16 minutes ago, Style. said:

Yeah, so I told the child to come with me, and he did. We talked for a bit, but when I saw the bullies coming after us, I told him to run. It’s funny how these nasty people work, they said, “We’re just joking, he’s our friend.” When I heard that, I straight up told them to back tf off. Then they all started spewing more nonsense. I ended up just leaving once they couldn’t see the victim because it felt so awkward, and people were staring at us.:trash_throw_away_recycle:

Thank you, boo!:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: It’s just sad that we have to live like this… and I can’t even imagine what’s happening out there in the real world with all the wars and people getting killed.

Oh, and one more thing. I told my family about it, and they basically said I should mind my own business… like wow :4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad:

It’s a cruel world indeed, and we don’t even experience the cruelest parts, like you said. Someone out there has it worse, but that doesn’t invalidate our own experiences either.

In defense of your family, perhaps they are just more concerned about you potentially getting hurt as well. I think that’s why a lot of people don’t spring to action in these types of situations. Who knows if these guys had a knife, gun, etc.

But you were def brave for what you did!

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, 90's barbie said:

Oh i wish you were there when a was a little girl...bravo to you!...as as an adult i do have to say i've had my fair share, what to do, what  to say,? I think you did Amazing and i thank you for that!

We all need someone to look out for us! I wish I could have been there for you too!:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

No you did the right thing! I hate confrontation (at least nowadays) so don’t think I would have the courage to yell at bullies. I was bullied in my teen years and I often lashed out at people as a result but as I’ve gotten older I’ve kept myself more reserved. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.