The James Holzier being number #1 on MenCelebs.com's top 25 list incident is insane, and I have some theories I needed to help bring up in here

13 hours ago, kylelaiflop said:

it was a investigation into james holzier adding his name to number #1 on the top 25 list of mencelebs.com, despite him not being a famous actor at the time. what are your own theories, thoughts and speculations on it, @TheVoodooThatWeDo?

Who’s james holzier and why should I care? Is he really worth so much of your time? All that writing must have taken some time 

• Love 2
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheVoodooThatWeDo said:

Who’s james holzier and why should I care? Is he really worth so much of your time? All that writing must have taken some time 

James Holzier is an American actor born in August 11, 1981 in Fairfax, Virginia, USA, whose career in Hollywood is notable more for the controversies surrounding him than for his actual work. He was involved in several small roles in the 1990s and early 2000s, appearing in movies like Dreams in the Attic (2000) and Willy the Hitman (1994), and even making a guest appearance on the Nickelodeon show Cousin Skeeter in 2001. However, these roles did not bring him significant fame.

What really put Holzier in the spotlight was his creation of an elaborate fake persona. He manipulated his online presence to portray himself as a major Hollywood figure, claiming to be involved in high-profile projects like The Dark Knight Rises, Gangster Squad, and The Host, and spreading rumors of romantic relationships with famous actresses such as Scarlett Johansson, Anne Hathaway, and Lyndsy Fonseca. These claims were never substantiated, and many of the films listed on his IMDb profile remained in perpetual pre-production, raising suspicions about their legitimacy.

Holzier also allegedly manipulated online rankings, placing himself at the top of the "Top 25 Most Popular Male Celebrities" list on MenCelebs.com from 2006 to 2009. His presence at the top of the list, despite being relatively unknown, led the website to eventually remove this section in 2009.

His fabricated persona and online manipulation were ultimately exposed on Reddit in 2012, leading to a significant public downfall. The exposure revealed the extent to which he had gone to create a false image of fame and success, which quickly unraveled when users scrutinized him for faking everything about himself online, including writing fake claims about his personal life, taking fake paparazzi photos of himself that appeared to not have been taken by paparazzi, and having fans create fan sites and fan videos for him, despite him not being as popular as he seemed to be.

James Holzier's case is an intriguing example of how someone can manipulate online presence and public perception. Holzier, whose acting career consisted of minor roles in low-budget films and TV appearances, managed to create an illusion of stardom through various online tactics.

Holzier's main claim to fame was his ability to fabricate an image of himself as a successful Hollywood actor. This was achieved through creating fake news articles, fabricated IMDb entries, and exaggerated stories about his involvement in major films and his personal life. He was falsely linked to high-profile actresses, such as Scarlett Johansson, Anne Hathaway, and Lyndsy Fonseca, which further added to his perceived celebrity status.

One of the most notable aspects of Holzier's deception was his manipulation of the MenCelebs.com rankings. Between 2006 and 2009, he somehow managed to keep himself at the top of the "Top 25 Most Popular Male Celebrities" list, despite being virtually unknown. This peculiar anomaly drew attention, eventually leading to the removal of the ranking section by the website in mid-2009. This manipulation not only showcased his ability to exploit online platforms but also raised questions about the credibility of internet-based popularity metrics.

In 2012, Holzier's fabricated persona was exposed on Reddit. Users on the platform uncovered inconsistencies in his IMDb profile and debunked the claims he had made about his career and personal life. The Reddit investigation revealed that many of the projects he was supposedly involved in either never existed or were perpetually listed as "in production" without any progress. This exposure led to a rapid decline in his public image, and he disappeared from the public eye soon after.

James Holzier's story serves as a cautionary tale about the power of the internet to both create and destroy public personas. Despite his efforts to build a reputation, the truth eventually came out, showing the limits of such deceptive practices, and thus, Holzier have never recovered from this. 

just a chatgpt explanation for you and this actually did take a lot of time for me to write all of this, along with the screenshots and everything like that, but just wanted to share this interesting factoid with you, @TheVoodooThatWeDo. thanks for that! :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Edited by kylelaiflop

read the reddit article and news article if you'll like to know what happened @TheVoodooThatWeDo thank you 

WEB.ARCHIVE.ORG

A Redditor by the handle of cyborgdonkey3000 claims to have exposed a massive online conspiracy dedicated to making actor James Holzier appear famous and many fellow Redditors found...

8 hours ago, kylelaiflop said:

James Holzier is an American actor born in August 11, 1981 in Fairfax, Virginia, USA, whose career in Hollywood is notable more for the controversies surrounding him than for his actual work. He was involved in several small roles in the 1990s and early 2000s, appearing in movies like Dreams in the Attic (2000) and Willy the Hitman (1994), and even making a guest appearance on the Nickelodeon show Cousin Skeeter in 2001. However, these roles did not bring him significant fame.

What really put Holzier in the spotlight was his creation of an elaborate fake persona. He manipulated his online presence to portray himself as a major Hollywood figure, claiming to be involved in high-profile projects like The Dark Knight Rises, Gangster Squad, and The Host, and spreading rumors of romantic relationships with famous actresses such as Scarlett Johansson, Anne Hathaway, and Lyndsy Fonseca. These claims were never substantiated, and many of the films listed on his IMDb profile remained in perpetual pre-production, raising suspicions about their legitimacy.

Holzier also allegedly manipulated online rankings, placing himself at the top of the "Top 25 Most Popular Male Celebrities" list on MenCelebs.com from 2006 to 2009. His presence at the top of the list, despite being relatively unknown, led the website to eventually remove this section in 2009.

His fabricated persona and online manipulation were ultimately exposed on Reddit in 2012, leading to a significant public downfall. The exposure revealed the extent to which he had gone to create a false image of fame and success, which quickly unraveled when users scrutinized him for faking everything about himself online, including writing fake claims about his personal life, taking fake paparazzi photos of himself that appeared to not have been taken by paparazzi, and having fans create fan sites and fan videos for him, despite him not being as popular as he seemed to be.

James Holzier's case is an intriguing example of how someone can manipulate online presence and public perception. Holzier, whose acting career consisted of minor roles in low-budget films and TV appearances, managed to create an illusion of stardom through various online tactics.

Holzier's main claim to fame was his ability to fabricate an image of himself as a successful Hollywood actor. This was achieved through creating fake news articles, fabricated IMDb entries, and exaggerated stories about his involvement in major films and his personal life. He was falsely linked to high-profile actresses, such as Scarlett Johansson, Anne Hathaway, and Lyndsy Fonseca, which further added to his perceived celebrity status.

One of the most notable aspects of Holzier's deception was his manipulation of the MenCelebs.com rankings. Between 2006 and 2009, he somehow managed to keep himself at the top of the "Top 25 Most Popular Male Celebrities" list, despite being virtually unknown. This peculiar anomaly drew attention, eventually leading to the removal of the ranking section by the website in mid-2009. This manipulation not only showcased his ability to exploit online platforms but also raised questions about the credibility of internet-based popularity metrics.

In 2012, Holzier's fabricated persona was exposed on Reddit. Users on the platform uncovered inconsistencies in his IMDb profile and debunked the claims he had made about his career and personal life. The Reddit investigation revealed that many of the projects he was supposedly involved in either never existed or were perpetually listed as "in production" without any progress. This exposure led to a rapid decline in his public image, and he disappeared from the public eye soon after.

James Holzier's story serves as a cautionary tale about the power of the internet to both create and destroy public personas. Despite his efforts to build a reputation, the truth eventually came out, showing the limits of such deceptive practices, and thus, Holzier have never recovered from this. 

just a chatgpt explanation for you and this actually did take a lot of time for me to write all of this, along with the screenshots and everything like that, but just wanted to share this interesting factoid with you, @TheVoodooThatWeDo. thanks for that! :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Didn’t read any of that! You really need to learn the art of editing sis

Tell me in one sentence! Time is money 

Sassy Hair GIF

Edited by TheVoodooThatWeDo
9 hours ago, TheVoodooThatWeDo said:

Didn’t read any of that! You really need to learn the art of editing sis

Tell me in one sentence! Time is money 

Sassy Hair GIF

james holzier is an american actor who claimed that he was a famous celebrity in hollywood, but he obviously was not. 

there, i explained it for you, see? 

:explainlol_stare_spin: 

• Love 1
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Kiss my said:

I have no idea what is happening in this thread 

:tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

i was just talking about how james holzier made his way into mencelebs.com by appearing in the number #1 spot of their top 25 list, despite him not being a famous celebrity at the time. i also brought up theories and speculations as to how james made it into the list as well. what are your own theories and speculations you'll like to share on this thread, @Kiss my

Edited by kylelaiflop
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, nwonder said:

But why did you abandon that Laflopfat guy? I thought he was your fave

:ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

because i was too focused on james and wanted to spread some light on him, i will try my best to find more lost kyle content very soon and share it with you guys. we didn't abandon kyle just about yet, he will come back very soon, as he should. 

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, kylelaiflop said:

because i was too focused on james and wanted to spread some light on him, i will try my best to find more lost kyle content very soon and share it with you guys. we didn't abandon kyle just about yet, he will come back very soon, as he should. 

Flop fan. Kyle would be so disappointed 

:slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.