Amanda Bynes now goes by Midge Gardner

3 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

That’s fine. But if your trying to get away from that industry, what’s the point of making a big declaration about unless you do want to be part of the industry :duh_mind_thinking_smart_meme:

Amanda has complex issues and since a child, she has been 'defined' by her fame. Some of them really don't seem to know anything else.

There have been a few former child stars who have managed to make the break successfully. Amanda however just doesn't seem to have the personal stability or strong enough support system.

I will fight anyone in here who dares to speak badly of Amanda Bynes.

spacer.png

i’ll always have a soft spot for her. She was so funny, vibrant, and full of life. She did not deserve what happened to her. 💔 

Edited by Emil87
  • Love 4
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, BlackoutBaby said:

Amanda has complex issues and since a child, she has been 'defined' by her fame. Some of them really don't seem to know anything else.

There have been a few former child stars who have managed to make the break successfully. Amanda however just doesn't seem to have the personal stability or strong enough support system.

I don't think it's that complicated. If you don't like something, humans naturally and instinctually engage in aversive behaviour. The attention-seeking must be reinforcing something on some level, so I'm only led to believe she isn't as forthcoming as she alludes to be. 

Midge came from actress Midge Ware and Gardner came from Ava Gardner. I believe someone was mentioning the vintage look she has… That’s what I took from it.

Either way, I see this as a positive because she’s leaving Amanda in the past. Hopefully this is a positive sign of things to come!

3 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I don't think it's that complicated. If you don't like something, humans naturally and instinctually engage in aversive behaviour. The attention-seeking must be reinforcing something on some level, so I'm only led to believe she isn't as forthcoming as she alludes to be. 

She has more serious health issues than her peers that have most likely limited her life skills. She may be doing the best she can rn with what she has been given, and is a 'work in progress'... hopefully she is being treated okay and I wish her the best anyhow.

(I am taking a break from Britney topics! so no comment about how their situations may resemble or differ...)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BlackoutBaby said:

She has more serious health issues than her peers that have most likely limited her life skills. She may be doing the best she can rn with what she has been given, and is a 'work in progress'... hopefully she is being treated okay and I wish her the best anyhow.

(I am taking a break from Britney topics! so no comment about how their situations may resemble or differ...)

That's very compassionate of you. I'm having a hard time giving her the benefit of the doubt. She's had medical attention, a formal diagnosis, and treatment recommendations, yet she's choosing to defy that when her adaptive functioning seems normal. She's in a relationship and functioning well despite her mental health issues, so it feels more self-motivated to me than stemming from some impairment. I get what you are saying, though. I don't have the whole picture, so I'll try to be more sensitive. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.