Eras Tour cancelled in Vienna due to planned terrorist attack

Oh wow. This is HORRIFYING. I’m very relieved that the attack was thwarted and that Taylor and all her fans are safe. Big thanks to the police for that.

Interestingly enough, Morgan Wallen’s concert was recently delayed because of a terroristic threat. The two alleged targets were Taylor’s BF Travis Kelce and Patrick Mahomes, from the Kansas City Chiefs. Thankfully that plan was thwarted as well. We live in such scary times. Ugh.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
18 minutes ago, PolySpears said:

Wait do people hate her so much to plan a terrorist attack against her?

Things don't need to get this violent over music :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Oh Lord,, nobody gives a **** about Taylor. It is about huge amount of people at the same place at the same time, plans months ahead which give THEM time to prepare

Think About It GIF by Identity

Edited by MIKE_INT
18 hours ago, Generic said:

I can't deny Europe has seen better days but the article doesn't mention whether the attackers were of European origin or not, only that the 19 year old claimed allegiance to ISIS.

One of the two main suspects has north-macedonian roots.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

But lyk omg fREe pALestiNe! :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: What’s the “excuse” for all these other horrific terrorist attacks? Are we really gonna pretend we don’t see what 99.9% of terror attacks have in common? :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

You think it's ok that thousands of civilians including women and children have been killed already? 

How about two things can be true at the same time. Terrorists are awful rotten people and killing thousands of civilians with the excuse of collateral damage is evil too.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, LizeS_ said:

I got shivers reading this news, every time Taylor gets up on that stage I get terrified for her and also the crowd. We all know there's all kinds of insane people out there just waiting to hurt innocents. Thankfully the police was able to discover these nefarious plans before someone actually got hurt. 

I hope they have tight security at her shows, especially in America. We have so much gun violence here. It has worried me too for Taylor and her fans 

6 hours ago, Turogue said:

You think it's ok that thousands of civilians including women and children have been killed already? 

How about two things can be true at the same time. Terrorists are awful rotten people and killing thousands of civilians with the excuse of collateral damage is evil too.

So do you have a magic solution to handle monstrous terrorists that hide among civilians (who, btw, mostly support those heinous acts) without any collateral damage? Do you think there’s any way to satiate monsters that are okay with murde.ring, rap.ing, torturing and kidnapping innocent civilians including babies?

According to you they cracked the code and should forever be safe and never pay for their crimes - so long as they use others as human shields. Or maybe you think their actions can be justified and they should be rewarded for their actions?

There’s a much bigger problem at hand and hiding from it and looking the other way isn’t gonna change it. What did Taylor Swift or her fans do to deserve a potential terrorist attack? What about Ariana? Terrorism should never be excused, especially by gay people on Exhale that would be so quick to get tortured and killed by the same people they’re making excuses for. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

So do you have a magic solution to handle monstrous terrorists that hide among civilians (who, btw, mostly support those heinous acts) without any collateral damage? Do you think there’s any way to satiate monsters that are okay with murde.ring, rap.ing, torturing and kidnapping innocent civilians including babies?

According to you they cracked the code and should forever be safe and never pay for their crimes - so long as they use others as human shields. Or maybe you think their actions can be justified and they should be rewarded for their actions?

There’s a much bigger problem at hand and hiding from it and looking the other way isn’t gonna change it. What did Taylor Swift or her fans do to deserve a potential terrorist attack? What about Ariana? Terrorism should never be excused, especially by gay people on Exhale that would be so quick to get tortured and killed by the same people they’re making excuses for. 

There’s so much misinformation in your comment. And you’re implying that all Arabs and Muslims are terrorists and that innocent people including women and children should pay for the crimes that a group of extremists committed.

In reality, they had nothing to do with the Manchester bombing, and the 2 who were planning the terrorist attack in Vienna are actually European. Those are two separate problems that are not related and shouldn’t be mixed or talked about as one big problem.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

You know for a fact that the tens of thousands of civilians that were killed supported the terrorists? The thousands of children too?

Please point exactly to where I said they should forever be safe or that they should be rewarded for their actions? You really need to work on your reading and comprehension skills.

Where did I say that Taylor and her fans deserve a potential terrorist attack? Are you completely insane?? I'm glad it didn't happen, especially since it is the city I live in. I hate that the threat of terror destroys the opportunity for people to come together to just have a good time. My best friend sold her Coldplay ticket because the whole situation has her worried about what could happen.

Your gaslighting is really pathetic. As I said you can condemn terrorists but you can also condemn governments that are responsible for thousands of lives lost.

The thousands of children that lost their lives mean nothing to you? Or you only care about them when they come from the right culture? 

I don't have the perfect solution at hand (neither do you), I wish I did.

I'm also perfectly aware that Islam is not inclusive for LGBTQ people and that women play second fiddle. But guess what that's a pattern of so many faiths and that's why I'm critical of religion in general, including Judaism and Christianity. And at the same time I don't wish for people to be killed, especially children. 

1 hour ago, Turogue said:

You know for a fact that the tens of thousands of civilians that were killed supported the terrorists? The thousands of children too?

Please point exactly to where I said they should forever be safe or that they should be rewarded for their actions? You really need to work on your reading and comprehension skills.

Where did I say that Taylor and her fans deserve a potential terrorist attack? Are you completely insane?? I'm glad it didn't happen, especially since it is the city I live in. I hate that the threat of terror destroys the opportunity for people to come together to just have a good time. My best friend sold her Coldplay ticket because the whole situation has her worried about what could happen.

Your gaslighting is really pathetic. As I said you can condemn terrorists but you can also condemn governments that are responsible for thousands of lives lost.

The thousands of children that lost their lives mean nothing to you? Or you only care about them when they come from the right culture? 

I don't have the perfect solution at hand (neither do you), I wish I did.

I'm also perfectly aware that Islam is not inclusive for LGBTQ people and that women play second fiddle. But guess what that's a pattern of so many faiths and that's why I'm critical of religion in general, including Judaism and Christianity. And at the same time I don't wish for people to be killed, especially children. 

Yeah. I’m not gonna waste time on someone already resorting to name calling because they can’t handle a proper discussion. And I’m sorry, but you do realize that the official number of casualties/deaths comes from the Health Ministry of Gaza, right? They are run by Hamas… not in the mood to spell out why that’s not exactly reliable. I’m sure you can figure it out. Not saying there aren’t any innocent people, but the real numbers are unknown and you have no clue how many are actually innocent or not. 

If you don’t have a perfect magic solution to prevent collateral damage, then what exactly do you expect? How would you get a terrorist organization to release over 250 innocent civilians including children that were abducted from their home after a cruel mur*** spree of over 1200 people? How do you think they would just hand them over to you without a war? 

But anyway, like I said I’m not gonna get into that argument because ignorance bores me tbh and there’s no way any of us would convince the other anyway…And for the record, because you had to go there… of course I am sad for any innocent life that is lost. It’s really low to insinuate otherwise.

You’re also very conveniently missing my point. It’s not about that specific war, but just a reminder that terrorism is everywhere and there’s no excuse for it. The point is that many of us are closing our eyes when terror attacks have become a normal reality all over the world. The terrorist admitted that he wanted to kill “infidels”. And like I said, we all know what 99.9% of terror attacks have in common, so why play dumb/innocent? 

Edited by whenthedogscaneout
  • Love 1
  • Like 2
On 8/8/2024 at 7:39 AM, PolySpears said:

Wait do people hate her so much to plan a terrorist attack against her?

Things don't need to get this violent over music :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Not to be insensitive but this has nothing to do with Taylor/her music and everything to do with the massive amounts of people in one area. They wanted to hurt as many people as possible, this was planned months in advance 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, kleinbritney said:

Be glad that you have weapons and can defend yourselves. Europe is lost.

That’s not the flex you think it is, do I need to remind you America has school and mass shootings every week 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.