Britney Spears Isn’t Relevant Anymore.

• Super Mods
7 minutes ago, Bingjmljr said:

To fans she is Britney Spears… to the average person she’s just crazy… and I don’t say that to be mean it’s just true. The real world sees her differently than her fans … and they’re not wrong.

Yeah but your thread isn't about whether she is crazy or not,

its about your claim that she's not relevant anymore, when that is not true.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Bingjmljr said:

Relevant means important currently… she’s not currently important. 

But thinking she’s not currently important is just an opinion, not a fact.

The biggest studios in Hollywood wouldn’t be fighting over the rights to her biopic and paying her 8 figures if she wasn’t currently “important”. 

• Love 7
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Bingjmljr said:

To fans she is Britney Spears… to the average person she’s just crazy… and I don’t say that to be mean it’s just true. The real world sees her differently than her fans … and they’re not wrong.

And the average person still listens to Britney and gives her money for the streaming

She has been the guilty pleasure of the general public forever, everyone wants to hate her but they still tune in whenever she releases something lmao

They claim to hate her yet they still listen to her biggest songs, the gp loves toxic, work *****, womanizer...

If britney was so irrelevant and not deeply loved by the gp even if they claim to hate her she wouldn't have been free to this day.

If she had 20 fans left her protests for freedom wouldn't have been as big as they were at the time where there was a global pandemic 

It was always edgy and cool to hate her because she is maintream but ya girl will always be britney and thats why they hate her, she can do whatever but she will still be Britney Spears 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Bingjmljr said:

Not lurking just checked in after a while away. And since she no longer cares about her career it makes me wonder why her fans still do? 14 years ago there was something to invest in as a fan… not anymore.

It's not because she's irrelevant to you that she's irrelevant to everyone. Relevance is about being timeless, whether the person is active or not. Her art is still imitated and we still have artists inspired by her. Hasley being the most recent example. As others have mentioned, she is still talked about. The way she was treated by the paparazzi literally caused the state of California to review and change its laws. There are still articles being written about mental health because of her situation. You need to see the bigger picture. The impact is there, as an artist and as a human.

• Love 2
  • Like 4
6 minutes ago, Princessmimi said:

Yeah but your thread isn't about whether she is crazy or not,

its about your claim that she's not relevant anymore, when that is not true.

I think it is true… she’s not currently important, and from her own mouth, doesn’t seem like she intends to be.

7 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

But thinking she’s not currently important is just an opinion, not a fact.

The biggest studios in Hollywood wouldn’t be fighting over the rights to her biopic and paying her 8 figures if she wasn’t currently “important”. 

Of course they would… they want to make money. And she’s infamous not relevant.

9 minutes ago, peacht said:

And the average person still listens to Britney and gives her money for the streaming

She has been the guilty pleasure of the general public forever, everyone wants to hate her but they still tune in whenever she releases something lmao

They claim to hate her yet they still listen to her biggest songs, the gp loves toxic, work *****, womanizer...

If britney was so irrelevant and not deeply loved by the gp even if they claim to hate her she wouldn't have been free to this day.

If she had 20 fans left her protests for freedom wouldn't have been as big as they were at the time where there was a global pandemic 

It was always edgy and cool to hate her because she is maintream but ya girl will always be britney and thats why they hate her, she can do whatever but she will still be Britney Spears 

They didn’t chime in for “mind your business b” or whatever it was called 😂

5 minutes ago, Bingjmljr said:

They didn’t chime in for “mind your business b” or whatever it was called 😂

Like we did either, she had no input on that.

But they did for hold me closer, it played so much on the radio and it still does to this day in my country. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
8 minutes ago, Bingjmljr said:

I think it is true… she’s not currently important, and from her own mouth, doesn’t seem like she intends to be.

Yeah but that's your opinion.

If she wasn't relevant, she wouldn't be in the news and media like I said.

Also a movie studio got the rights to her memoir to make a biopic, do you think they would do that if she wasn't relevant?

Just cause she's not working doesn't mean she isn't relevant.

She was relevant in the mid 2000s when she wasn't working.

2 minutes ago, Princessmimi said:

Yeah but that's your opinion.

If she wasn't relevant, she wouldn't be in the news and media like I said.

Also a movie studio got the rights to her memoir to make a biopic, do you think they would do that if she wasn't relevant?

Just cause she's not working doesn't mean she isn't relevant.

She was relevant in the mid 2000s when she wasn't working.

A movie studio want to make money, they don’t care about the subject. The average person likes old Britney music… that doesn’t make her currently relevant. I wish she still cared about her her career, not my opinion, but from her own mouth she doesn’t .

A lot of things can be said about miss knee, but she's not irrelevant in ANY department... Her daily streams are higher than ever, which means people are consuming her music, she just got an 8 figure deal for a silver screen adaptation of her bestselling book, and tabloids and fans alike are still trying to figure her out after 25 years of her debut, how can be that considered irrelevancy? Mamma let's use our brains :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, YellowPaperSun said:

A lot of things can be said about miss knee, but she's not irrelevant in ANY department... Her daily streams are higher than ever, which means people are consuming her music, she just got an 8 figure deal for a silver screen adaptation of her bestselling book, and tabloids and fans alike are still trying to figure her out after 25 years of her debut, how can be that considered irrelevancy? Mamma let's use our brains :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

I hear what you’re saying… but the GP don’t care.

Just now, Bingjmljr said:

I hear what you’re saying… but the GP don’t care.

The GP is literally the audience who makes songs like Toxic, Gimme More, Oops and Baby get over 800k daily streams, our fandom doesn't have that power.

The GP is who made Get Back a Tik Tok Anthem despite being a bonus track from an almost 20 year old album.

The GP is who made the book sell over 3 million copies in the US alone.

The GP is the main target of her upcoming biopic, because they still want to hear Britney's side of the story that fans have known for years.

to finish, let me add: WHO LET BRO COOK??? 💯💯🗣️🔥

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
7 minutes ago, Bingjmljr said:

A movie studio want to make money, they don’t care about the subject. The average person likes old Britney music… that doesn’t make her currently relevant. I wish she still cared about her her career, not my opinion, but from her own mouth she doesn’t .

So you're a fan who isn't happy she's not working, so you call her not relevant?

Britney is still a big name even if its for her behavior online.

You make it seem like she was a has been like Jessica Simpson or something.

Britney's a legend and legends will ALWAYS be relevant.

I don’t think Britney is irrelevant. It’s a shame because I hope she gets to a place where she can release music on her own terms.

She still makes headlines. Hold Me Closer went #6.

Major studios had a bidding war over the rights to her biopic.

Katy Perry is more of an example of irrelevant pop star and she’s active.

People want Britney to be over but she’s still successful.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.