Unpopular Opinion: I still don't like "Hold Me Closer" by Elton John & Britney. Do you guys still enjoy it?

Never really did, it always gave me "random music that would play at H&M" vibes. I agree with the people saying it sounds muffled and fake somehow.

<<<<< Manjobi, at least it's blatantly stupid so I can like it sarcastically :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:

Edited by Baronesse
  • Like 2

It's just very... nothing. Lacks everything, the production is a mess and I was disappointed because the main producer was great for Miley and Dua Lipa.

The voices never blend well. It's like Britney recorded her parts in her own room and they sent by phone to the producer lmfao.

6 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

I give it a 3/10. Bland, boring, goes nowhere, muffled vocals, doesn't sound like her in parts, generic, disappointing, she's a bg vocalist, no real acknowledgement from her, etc, etc. If I never heard it again, I'd be okay.

Interesting the first time she ever mentioned the song she called herself bg vocalist, then Elton correct her on the comments saying she was a feat. I think she shaded the final result of the song, that's why the bg vocals line. 

Edited by Dark Willow
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, doomphantom1 said:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Britney's cover of Tom's Diner.  I think her voice suits that song.  Link is below for those who haven't heard it.  Love `Anticipating` as well.

Yes, this is much better. Even with the robotic vocals, TD is much better produced. It makes way more sense, not boring... 

I never get tired of the song. I like a lot.

Edited by Dark Willow
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, brodi1985 said:

Unpopular opinion: who are you to talk with your “surprise” releases of your horrendous music? I d love to see Elton or Britney review your tracks. C’mon @JayTawndre

I'm not gonna feed into your mean negative remarks. I'll be the better person and walk away. As fans we don't have to love all Britney's songs. 

Also I will say this, talking negative about someone's passion is cruel and heartless. I don't even know you! :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Baronesse said:

Never really did, it always gave me "random music that would play at H&M" vibes. I agree with the people saying it sounds muffled and fake somehow.

<<<<< Manjobi, at least it's blatantly stupid so I can like it sarcastically :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:

Not me only just figuring out what “manjobi” is.

:roxxy:

It’s so obvious when you listen to it!

• Haha 1

I have a playlist with instrumental music/without song and the original version just came on, and all I heard in my head was Britneys vocals and adlibs. So yes, its really erasing the original version for me, in a good way

• Love 1

Not only I love it, it's trully one of my top 3 favorite Britney songs. I pretty much listen to it everyday. It's also imo on of the best duets ever made. It pisses me off that Britney didn't promote it and didn't shoot a video for it. It deserved to be a number 1 hit.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.