'Piece Of Me' is so repetitive, isn't it?

On 8/3/2024 at 4:52 PM, Fita said:

Especially the verses:

I'm Miss American Dream since I was seventeen
Don't matter if I step on the scene
Or sneak away to the Philippines
They still gon' put pictures of my derriere in the magazine
You want a piece of me?
You want a piece of me

If by repetitive you mean that I can listen to it on repeat for hours and not get bored, then yes!

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
15 hours ago, MIKE_INT said:

its called rhyming ;)

it has regular pop song structure, just that first verse is used as bridge. Of course it would sound better if there was regular bridge and progression to final chorus.

But there are much more repetitive songs out there

It was just a note of how much repetitive POM sounds compared to the other blackout tracks. The bridge is really soft, so it makes it all sound more repetitive with the main verses.

On 8/3/2024 at 9:52 PM, Fita said:

Especially the verses:

I'm Miss American Dream since I was seventeen
Don't matter if I step on the scene
Or sneak away to the Philippines
They still gon' put pictures of my derriere in the magazine
You want a piece of me?
You want a piece of me

You have to be trolling, baby?

Who TF comes for this master piece. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Fita said:

It was just a note of how much repetitive POM sounds compared to the other blackout tracks. The bridge is really soft, so it makes it all sound more repetitive with the main verses.

I mean radar says hello. Radar is so repetitive that it shows up on the following album :jamie_lynn_grape:

1 minute ago, femmef4toole said:

You have to be trolling, baby?

Who TF comes for this master piece. 

I'm not "coming" after POM. I just think it is way too repetitive with the specific verses I have mentioned (after the bridge those same verses are repeated which makes me feel like this). Like maybe a different or more proeminent bridge would made it a little more balanced imo. That's all. I don't hate the song. You guys come for blood everytime someone says blackout is not their favorite. Turns out people have different opinions.

1 minute ago, Fita said:

I'm not "coming" after POM. I just think it is way too repetitive with the specific verses I have mentioned (after the bridge those same verses are repeated which makes me feel like this). Like maybe a different or more proeminent bridge would made it a little more balanced imo. That's all. I don't hate the song. You guys come for blood everytime someone says blackout is not their favorite. Turns out people have different opinions.

I swear I’m not coming for blood haha just being spicy haha . You’re more than entitled to you opinion but radar has like one line of lyrics (it feels that way anyways haha) Oops is actually my favourite album in the universe :) 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, femmef4toole said:

I swear I’m not coming for blood haha just being spicy haha . You’re more than entitled to you opinion but radar has like one line of lyrics (it feels that way anyways haha) Oops is actually my favourite album in the universe :) 

I guess it's just because the POM bridge is really small, you know. and no lines. radar has it (i got my eye on you and i cannot let you get away / hey baby rather it's now or never, i got you, you can shake me, etc ).

Edited by Fita
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Fita said:

I guess it's just because the POM bridge is really small, you know. and no lines. radar has it (i got my eye on you and i cannot let you get away / hey baby rather it's now or never, i got you, you can shake me, etc ).

I understand - I do enjoy those lines :) 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.