Full Studio Quality 'Piece of Me' Show (Drummer's Cam)

3 minutes ago, Fita said:

Why would they record the drummer the entire show?

It's his camera. At the end, you see him take it off the mount (I suppose) and he takes it backstage to his dressing room while it's still recording so you get to see behind the stage. It's interesting to say the least...

• Like 2
Just now, Gypsy Woman said:

It's his camera. At the end, you see him take it off the mount (I suppose) and he takes it backstage to his dressing room while it's still recording so you get to see behind the stage. It's interesting to say the least...

wow. I mean it's a lot of memory on the phone to record it all... I was just wondering why. Maybe that's cool for him to improve it and see it from the outside.

Just now, Fita said:

wow. I mean it's a lot of memory on the phone to record it all... I was just wondering why. Maybe that's cool for him to improve it and see it from the outside.

That was my thought, maybe he records to see himself and improve?

• Like 1
Just now, JessFan89 said:

Thank you for posting this.

Interesting to see her backstage getting into the cage.

Wish he had put the camera on the stage but he clearly wanted to film himself so understandable. 

I love that 'Gimme More' is either pre-recorded or she's singing along live? 

• Love 2

Very interesting to see the instrumental part of her songs. I've always been curious to see a drummer play Break the Ice and add to the groove of the song, it's a shame he couldn't play a bit more or he'd overpower the rest of the song. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JessFan89 said:

Sounds live doesn't it.

It really does. You can def hear the studio track but her "live" voice is clearly there and it even cracks at some parts. I noticed that the 'Blackout' songs seemed to sound more live than the others.

Edit: 'Piece of Me' is definitely live - I mean she's clearly singing along to it.

Edited by Gypsy Woman

I don’t think this was filmed on a phone… Maybe a GoPro?

I love these mixes! The vocals sounds so live/mixed with pre-recorded vocals.

And I agree, the band usually films themselves so they can watch it back to see what they can improve on and maybe change something here or there. Tweaks as you can say….

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.