Who is your Britney?

Hello I hope you are doing well. I also struggle with mental health. My Britney is someone who really wants to be seen as more than a pop icon (hence the eye in the Hold it against me video), someone that is spiritual, complex, who is dissected at her every move, that is legally free from a convervatorship but still battles with trauma and healing. That likes to pray and connect to a higher power (like she said in her book The woman in me). She has been through a lot and deserves more empathy and not to be treated like a work horse, no matter how joyfyl she makes her fans with each project.

Personally, I've been hospitalized thrice (I'm bipolar) and her music and videos always speak to me in deeper layers. When I'm in a manic state I'm more visual and I notice more symbolisms and intentionalism like whe she says "fingers to the sky" on the Work B*** video. I also was released from my second mental hospital stay in the same day of the end of the convervatorship (21st November 2021).

Finally, I see Britney as a very powerful human being, she is full of charisma, but she has been done wrong by the society. I'm not saying she is a victim as everyone makes mistakes, but I feel she deserves more grace.

My article of my digital magazine: 

HUMANAMENTE.PT

I became a fan of Britney Spears when I was 12 years old and saw the music video of “Baby one more time” on my tv. So many of you can relate, right? I bought the album soon after and played it...

• Love 1

Hello I hope you are doing well. I also struggle with mental health. My Britney is someone who really wants to be seen as more than a pop icon (hence the eye in the Hold it against me video), someone that is spiritual, complex, who is dissected at her every move, that is legally free from a convervatorship but still battles with trauma and healing. That likes to pray and connect to a higher power (like she said in her book The woman in me). She has been through a lot and deserves more empathy and not to be treated like a work horse, no matter how joyfyl she makes her fans with each project.

Personally, I've been hospitalized thrice (I'm bipolar) and her music and videos always speak to me in deeper layers. When I'm in a manic state I'm more visual and I notice more symbolisms and intentionalism like whe she says "fingers to the sky" on the Work B*** video. I also was released from my second mental hospital stay in the same day of the end of the convervatorship (21st November 2021).

Finally, I see Britney as a very powerful human being, she is full of charisma, but she has been done wrong by the society. I'm not saying she is a victim as everyone makes mistakes, but I feel she deserves more grace.

HUMANAMENTE.PT

I became a fan of Britney Spears when I was 12 years old and saw the music video of “Baby one more time” on my tv. So many of you can relate, right? I bought the album soon after and played it...

HUMANAMENTE.PT

• Love 1
On 7/30/2024 at 8:19 AM, Jibreel said:

There's one Britney and her name is Britney Spears. She lives in California and was born in the early 80's. I think she likes to travel.

But we each live our life and each have our unique story. Maybe my Britney is not yours and yours isn't mine. Britney may be a different woman to different people but there may also be alot of commonality.

My Britney is a little of a mystery. I didn't even really know anything about her until few years ago. I didn't grow up on pop music.

I think deepest down she will forever be the woman who sang for me through my headphones as I was doing my workout suddenly locked in a little outside smoking cage on the first floor of a mental hospital in the summer of 2020. She sang so beautifully and powerfully and I saw how something in her voice addressed the absurdity I felt about everything around me at that time. Everything that had gotten me to workout all day long and everything that had stressed me also to the point where I got locked up. The first thing my papers said was in boldface "patient appears tormented".

She sang If You Seek Amy and Overprotected and Oops and BOMT and Circus and a few other songs. She sang those of her songs for me that I already knew. Although until then, I had never really listened before. But now I listened and nothing before or after have ever had such an effect on me in my combat training as what begin in that cage on that hospital.

I could go on forever so I'll just stop there and pass it on to you. Maybe if you grab it and write about your Britney, I'll add more to mine later.

What I'm really hoping for is that someone will share a common Britney. One that many people will recognize, mine is a little personal I guess. The topic is open though.

She’s Xila Maria River Red, duh.

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Paulacristina87 said:

If somebody knows how to delete my duplicated posts I would appreciate that, I clicked more times that I was supposed to as my computer seemed frozen.

I would like to know if that nickname means something to her :)

Maybe @Princessmimi or another mod can delete a doublepost or two, I don't know. But it's a beautiful Britney, I don't mind her being there thrice (as I'm writing this it's a triple post).

1 hour ago, Paulacristina87 said:

HUMANAMENTE.PT

And thank you so much! I'm doing great! Little challenges to learn from!

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.