Why is Meghan Trainor singing most of the song “I Ain’t Your Mama” while JLo is barely doing anything?💀

Style.

I don’t understand why she wouldn’t sing it herself. It’s not some sort of Whitney Houston vocal acrobatics. It sounds extremely easy to sing. Heck even I can sing that part pretty well. Sometimes she tries so damn hard but in the mean time she wouldn’t even record her own chorus. I can’t with this woman :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Edited by Red Wine Supernova
  • Like 5
37 minutes ago, Red Wine Supernova said:

I don’t understand why she wouldn’t sing it herself. It’s not some sort of Whitney Houston vocal acrobatics. It sounds extremely easy to sing. Heck even I can sing that part pretty well. Sometimes she tries so damn hard but in the mean time she wouldn’t even record her own chorus. I can’t with this woman :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

I've been thinking the same. She's not a vocalist, and that's okay, but not singing your own songs? It must be due to contractual obligations because otherwise, I don't see the point.:heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

6 minutes ago, Style. said:

But that’s tragic…. Is she okay with this?

Does she have a say in it? Don't think so. Is she even aware of it? Maybe she thinks these are her vocals? 

"I don't know what year—2001, 2002, I don't know—but I had the opportunity to sing a reference track ... for 'Jenny From the Block' for Jennifer. A lot of people say she stole the song from me. She did not steal the song from me. That song was written for Jennifer. It was called 'Jenny From the Block'—like clearly it was for her," she said.

"So I recorded it. They shopped it to her. She loved it. She loved the background vocals. They told me they wanted to keep me on there, and they wanted me to sing background vocals for more songs on this album," Ramos continued.

She added: "So she did go into the studio and recorded some background vocals over mine. I am convinced that they turned her vocals all the way down because it sounds almost identical to the reference track."

Ramos said ad-libs are not considered background vocals but lead vocals. She also said her manager at the time made a deal in which she received $3,500 for recording background vocals on five songs. She said she did not blame Lopez and believed her manager and the record label were at fault.

In 2020, she wrote on X: "Just because I think JLo is great doesn't mean I can't ALSO feel duped by the label when it came to me receiving proper compensation for the work I did, the excessive vocals of mine kept i.e. my laugh, etc, and the continued use of my vocals during her performances."

"She's a busy, boss *** woman though. I understand she loved my voice and figured she didn't have to do too much more for the song to sound & be great ... She was working smarter, not harder. The label screwed me—is the point of it all. That's it," she wrote in another post.

WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

A former backup vocalist for Jennifer Lopez said she lent her voice to one of the singer's most well-known songs.

11 minutes ago, King B. said:

Does she have a say in it? Don't think so. Is she even aware of it? Maybe she thinks these are her vocals? 

WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

A former backup vocalist for Jennifer Lopez said she lent her voice to one of the singer's most well-known songs.

I scream at “they shopped my vocals to her” — that’s a nasty read 

spacer.png

Edited by Style.
  • Haha 1

How are fellow Britney stans not aware of keeping background vocals from demo singers to save time? Jlo is singing the lead vocal and all the additional harmonies are recycled from the demo by Lou's pawn.

Britney also does this, she has demo background vocals from Coco Morier, Bonnie Mckee, Cathy Dennis etc. and it's fine because she's singing the lead vocal, it's only concerning when an artist doesn't have a single vocal in key parts of the song like the chorus or verses, which has happened before with Jlo but this is not the case :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, YellowPaperSun said:

How are fellow Britney stans not aware of keeping background vocals from demo singers to save time? Jlo is singing the lead vocal and all the additional harmonies are recycled from the demo by Lou's pawn.

Britney also does this, she has demo background vocals from Coco Morier, Bonnie Mckee, Cathy Dennis etc. and it's fine because she's singing the lead vocal, it's only concerning when an artist doesn't have a single vocal in key parts of the song like the chorus or verses, which has happened before with Jlo but this is not the case :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

You can say this a million times and JLO will still be the bad guy. Save your breath, they’re not listening. 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, YellowPaperSun said:

At least with Britney (I’m ignoring Britney Jean because I’m convinced that was none of her fault and it was forced upon her) her background vocalists were actually background vocalists. Every song from every album (aside from bj) is Britney with either her doing background or someone else mixed in on background. 

J Lo just shamelessly steals vocals and songs from others like they’re a product to thieve 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Style. said:

I know, and I hear JLo's vocals on the final song, but it sounds like they've been mixed with Meghan's. Lmao, what a mess.

I'm sorry, but this should be illegal. The same goes for Britney Jean. However, Myah's voice isn't well known enough for people to call it out like they do with JLo.

I started a YouTube channel posting JLos lead and backing vocals and her team blocked my videos 🤣🤣 girl is always shook

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.