Isn't it time for artists to stop with 90/00s aesthetic?

Fita

1 hour ago, Naes614 said:

I’m her age so I get it and understand it. This aesthetic is what she grew up on and maybe inspired her. And  she is doing it in a way that I appreciate and doesn’t seem tacky..IMO 

Yeah, I mean, totally get the nostalgia and I guess I'm around her age (I'm about to turn 30 this month). I guess we are all going to use that aesthetic until we get tired of it. But I'm kind of already am, lol.

2 minutes ago, Princessmimi said:

Im not suprised at this.

Every decade, a previous decade from 20 years ago becomes popular again.

Just like how the 80s were popular in the 2000s and the 90s were popular in the 2010s.

I feel like the 80s are still popular lol

And the 70s too (look at the boom of the 70s music in pop music).

Edited by Fita
  • Like 1

Don't you remember your parents making fun of you for wearing something they did as kids? Cos fashion always comes back around, it's cyclical. My teens were the late 90s/early 2000s so Im living for it tbh. It's fun to see how this generation is wearing all the things I used to and putting their twist on it. Some lean a little too hard into it though I agree, it comes of a bit tacky when it becomes every aspect of your aesthetic. Charli xcx and Jade Thirlwall know how to channel the 90s/00s vibe perfectly.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.