Tyla BET awards paying homage to 2001 VMA performance

18 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

This is not inspired by Britney’s performance. This is clearly inspired by African/afrobeat/jungle music visuals. Britney just happened to use that a bit back in her 2001 performance. But, this is very much homage to Tyla’s ancestral roots more than it is to Britney’s artistry 

Girl I'm from South Africa, the very same country Tyla is from, we don't dance in cages with tigers that have snake like heads. Britney is a huge inspiration on Tylas artitsry, she's even mentioned it herself before. The choreography is definitely african inspired but the outfit and production concept is screaming 2001 VMAs. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Email My D said:

Girl I'm from South Africa, the very same country Tyla is from, we don't dance in cages with tigers that have snake like heads. Britney is a huge inspiration on Tylas artitsry, she's even mentioned it herself before. The choreography is definitely african inspired but the outfit and production concept is screaming 2001 VMAs. 

The audacity :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

Edited by Pinky98
6 hours ago, j4j05 said:

She’s very pretty and her body is fantastic!

I think it’s a bit of a stretch to say this performance was an homage to Britney’. Just coz she was in a cage with an animal doesn’t mean it’s automatically an homage. 

Exactly. It’s lovely to see artists pay homage to Britney, but the industry doesn’t revolve around her 

Tyla has genuinely stanned britney in at least 2 interviews. one where she names her, one of her top 5 influences, and one on the breakfast club. tyla is my new fav pop girl. she has the it factor & sensuality like britney. theyre different, but i can see britneys influence, and i think shes the closest we’ve seen since britneys debut, but its cool bc tyla does it her own way. tyla knows whats up. beautiful talented girl. 

and all the hate on here reminds me of when britney started becoming the biggest pop star upon her debut she got so much hate and controversy. obviously not the same, but it kinda reminds me of it. 

tate mcrae seems to me more like a really good dancer that sings. and she was on sytycd, so that makes sense to me, but that doesn’t necessarily mean she has a britney vibe. talented girl tho. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.