Marilyn Monroe’s Brentwood home Declared a Historic Landmark; spared from demolition

Gutterguppy

9 minutes ago, HearMeOnYourRadio said:

I’m always torn by things like this. I live in a historic town, in a historic home, so I definitely see the importance. I just wish we would value affordable housing as much as we do historic homes. I don’t think that’s what they were proposing in this case so I’m glad it’s being saved. 

That's a fair point! According to the article, the owners who bought the house intended to destroy it and make it an extension of their current property, so clearly for selfish reasons. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Gutterguppy said:

That's a fair point! According to the article, the owners who bought the house intended to destroy it and make it an extension of their current property, so clearly for selfish reasons. 

That’s great then!! I see people sadly post old mansions being torn down for apartments, when the mansion housed none the apartments will at least house some. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.