Why would Britney fans rather create conspiracies than to just accept the obvious truth?

21 hours ago, knee Queen of pop said:

I’ve been noticing that a LOT of fans create a bunch of conspiracies regarding Britney but never seem to consider simpler answers to their questions. 

Like for example, when people say Britney changed after 2019 - obviously that’s a truth, but people create a bunch of unnecessary theories as to why that happened and constantly speculate that they did something even worse than just force-feeding lithium to her. Some even go as far as speculating on her mental health and medication. Why is it so hard to accept that the facility just traumatized her - and that’s it?

If you’ve seen me around here before you’ll know that I talk a LOT about her trauma :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: but that’s just because I genuinely believe that’s the simple answer to a lot of y’alls concerns. She changed because of trauma. Period. Anyone would change if they went through what she did. Trauma isn’t just “oh they did something bad to me and I’m sad about it”, it truly disrupts the way you live and how you think about the world and yourself. Which is why I think Britney deserves a lot less judgement for what she posts on Instagram, because that’s clearly her way of trying to regain confidence in herself and improve her self-esteem after trauma… even if it means having other people criticize you for how you to choose to portray yourself. It’s time she stopped worrying about that and focused on finding herself without fear of judgement

(P.S: I also see a lot of fans talk about how her Insta changed after 2019 - and quite frankly I think that’s the answer for it. After 2019, she just stopped caring about trying to look pretty for everyone and switched things up by filming new kinds of videos that make her (and only HER) feel good. That’s probably also motivated by her wish to pull further from the conservatorship and what they wanted her to be. I think she talked about that in the book but I might be wrong)

A little extra note on that… I think I remember her saying something about being in a mild unconscious state for 3 years after the facility and also a “2007 that lasted 3 years” on Instagram. That’s PTSD y’all. We need to stop speculating on her mental health and be like “oh Britney has this and that and she needs to get treated” and just accept the harsh truth. She is traumatized. 

spacer.png

Last thing I’ll say is I just find it really disrespectful to be putting Britney down and blaming her for so much sh** when it’s very clear she’s trying. After the conservatorship she: had a miscarriage; got married; got divorced; had her ex invade her house; had her sons slander her on live television; had her spirituality destroyed and then built up again; media on her d*** nonstop; real nerve damage as a reasult of lithium toxicity (which we really overlook); wrote a whole book about her life; revisited her trauma, etc. etc… and she’s still trying to heal. To say she isn’t just because she’s still angry is just incredibly diminishing. If there’s one thing she’s constantly talked about after 2021, it’s how she still longs to live, heal, move forward and navigate through her trauma while still accepting that it’s ok not to be ok. She’s not gonna be perfect and she knows that. What matters is that she keeps trying to push forward while getting counseling even if she makes some mistakes on her way. She’s a strong woman and people undermine that… she’ll get where she wants to be eventually. She has accepted the fact she changed… but the question is: when will you accept it?

Anyways - sorry for the long f-ing rant. I appreciate if anyone bothered to read it all. Lmfao

I appreciate your kind opinion, but it's too long for reading. 

I agree. Especially when she described in her book how after Justin broke up with her she was in such a shock she wouldn’t speak to anyone. I think she is a highly sensitive person so it hit her hard. And the industry it made it worse for her. It’s hard for someone like her to be in the industry and remain strong. She reminds me of Marilyn. Both were not made for this industry. Both highly sensitive people with awful fates but I am glad Britney’s looking better 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

no one considers the trauma she went through prior to the conservatorship simply remained on the back burner for the trauma experienced during the conservatorship. there's so much about what she has experienced that is unprecedented because of her type and quality of fame. she deserves imperfection and the space to really dig into being a person. occam's razor needs to be applied to the conspiracies and graceful patience applied to her healing process.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

No one really knows what goes on inside her head or how her trauma affected her except for Britney herself. The constant armchair psychiatrist and people assuming x, y, and z that I see in here makes my head spin. I just call it as I see it, and I’m NOT putting Britney down — clearly something is very off and I honestly just wish the best for her! I want her to be genuinely happy and in love with life.

People here want to see her return to performing and making music so bad, which is understandable but selfish. If she wants to return to show business, she will. Until then, respect her wanting to be retired and live her life. She owes us nothing. ❤️

• Like 1

exactly. her trauma and her mental health are her own (private) things to deal with. she should be given some grace in regards to those things and her behavior, all things considered. i know that she is a public figure, but she deserves her privacy, and speculating on the state of her mental health etc. is inappropriate imo. it's okay to be curious and/or concerned about a celebrity, but let them have their privacy. let her live. let her find herself again. she deserves healing, privacy and appropriate help from professionals if she needs it. her trauma, issues and mental health are no one's business but her own (and professionals obvi). leave her alone. not everything is a problem or a conspiracy theory.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 6/11/2024 at 6:06 AM, Fita said:

I've read it. I believe trauma has a lot to do with who Britney is as a person today (although I think Britney isn't her trauma, she's much more and light and her sagittarius sun), unfortunately. And something caught my attention on that little table right there about PTSD and trauma: Loss of interest in activities once enjoyed. Recording music and being in that business she stayed during 20 years might be one of those activities.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPF6Ie2CIwdJLv2SQ9qtq

Be kinder to Britney.

you're so right. trauma doesn't define you, but it does change you. idk why that is such a difficult concept to grasp for some people. trauma can literally change your brain chemistry. ofc someone going through something horrific is going to change them. there's no way trauma wouldn't change someone as a person. they're still themselves, but they're different. i wish people had more compassion and empathy for people suffering from traumatic events. i know this isn't the place to discuss heavy topics like this, but still... be kind.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.