(poll) how does the super creative genius Britney Spears, who wrote Blackout, do nothing on social media but spin around repetitively for years? why does Britney do social media the way she does which is ultimately ruining her brand?

(poll) why does Britney do social media the way she does which is ultimately ruining her brand?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, BlackoutBaby said:

Even if she is 'retired' there should be an effort to maintain her legacy on social media.

Exactly. She needs a team.

Britney didn't speak and subsequently failed to control the narrative in 2007 and Team Con won. She is a dr*g addict and mentally ill according to them. 

Why is she not playing the game and speaking to control the narrative now that they want to pull another 2007 on her?

Edited by justhanging
On 11/5/2024 at 23:16, Joel Santos said:

Britney didn't write Blackout, but I ask the same question: how can someone who used to be so creative be content to do the same thing for almost a decade?

She was creative in the begginig, mostly in her music videos. But since 2004 her wants to destroy her legacy. She hates himself

On 11/5/2024 at 23:18, justhanging said:

Matt (@BraveNewMatt) / X

That was a lie. Most of the songs was written for Kerry Hilson and Danja

Are the videos really damaging her music? Out of 20 videos maybe there's 1 thats kinda cringe. I think the videos help her promote her music. People see her new IG video and then remember or feel like listening to a song or songs of her.

• Haha 1

Clearly some fans are still in denial that she quit back in 2007

"ultimately ruining her brand" ?? Which part of shaving her head and vandalizing a car with an umbrella did you miss ? She voluntarily ruined her brand, that was the whole point, she was done and wanted nothing to do with the industry or her brand. We're talking about "oh yeah she definitely needs a team" like she gives a **** ? :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

Leave that woman be her quirky self, might make you uncomfortable watching her twirl and smile at the cam but that's the personality she emerged with after her disaster of a past. Srsly look at this from an omniscient point of view, not as a fan, and it'll all make sense.

• Like 1

Britney was never a polished celebrity by herself, period.

She doesn't need a social media handler to look perfect on social media because she doesn't need to make money on social media or build her brand anymore, she has F U money and doesn't have to work anymore on things she does't stand for for a quick buck.

Britney´s instagram doesn´t have everyday PR opening, undisclosed sponsorships, filters, sponsored posts, overtly done profesional photoshop, carefully written captions and thats fine...

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, peacht said:

Britney was never a polished celebrity by herself, period.

She doesn't need a social media handler to look perfect on social media because she doesn't need to make money on social media or build her brand anymore, she has F U money and doesn't have to work anymore on things she does't stand for for a quick buck.

Britney´s instagram doesn´t have everyday PR opening, undisclosed sponsorships, filters, sponsored posts, overtly done profesional photoshop, carefully written captions and thats fine...

The issue is her social media is being used against her.

Why should she not play the game like her parents are of public perception? 

Public perception freed her. Public perception imprisoned her. 

40 minutes ago, justhanging said:

The issue is her social media is being used against her.

Why should she not play the game like her parents are of public perception? 

Public perception freed her. Public perception imprisoned her. 

Everything she does is used against her, it could be something good or bad.

Even in 1999 everyone was talking **** about her because she showed her belly and she wasn't doing anything wrong but she will always be talked against so she might as well do whatever she wants to do lol.

Because she doesn't need to, her parents are playing the public game and look how its going lol, you can play whatever you want but in the end actions matter more than public perception, you can have the most polished public image ever on Instagram and you will still be called out for you true character like JLO for example.

Everyone hating her sister and parents (and its a totally justifiable hate, they were total *********) 

To me, as long as she is not SA'ing anyone, being racist, killing someone, etc. Im good lol 

1 hour ago, BlackoutITZ said:

She's already addressed her videos in her book and why she does it. If you still can't understand, that's on you. Unfollow her and stop looking.

This is about the general public and perception. They say she's mentally ill because of her social media posts. 

It’s sad when I see old interviews of her when she was younger. She seemed more mature and level-headed then. It’s very sad to see what’s become of her.

Obviously she’s not well. Anyone who’s normal would not post what she posts on social media. It’s like she’s picking up where she left off before the conservatorship began and those were such scary times. Obviously, she didn’t deserve the abuse and the extremes they put her under, but she clearly needs some kind of guidance. I don’t understand how even after the conservatorship, she still hasn’t been around good people or been accessible.

I saw a comment from one of her old female dancers, Tania, and someone asked her if she had reached out and she said if it was that easy to reach out she would and that she doesn’t have any access to her at all. It seems so simple, you both have Instagram, but with all the messages Britney probably receives from fans, she prob doesn’t even check the inbox.

Posted (edited)

I think she is just sad and has no one around that truly cares about her. I don't think her social media means anything deep or has any hidden messages or whatever. Actually is quite the opposite of that. When she wants to say something, she does it pretty straightforwardly. I think is just a space she use to express herself and that she doesn't care about her brand or anything related to that anymore because she is dealing with more important stuff like pain: for her family, for her children, for Sam, for the life she dreamed about and now realizing she is 40 and none of what she wanted happened. She doesn't see that much value on her brand because look where it got her. It's sad but she's not wrong at all. Her family made her miserable and the media helped a lot. It affected her personality. She is a person that is suffering from trauma and loneliness and I don't think she will have a happy ending. It happened to many other artists actually, like Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse. 

And I'm sorry, but only you gays care about her brand or stuff like that. She stills Britney Spears and she will always be. She hasn't released an album on over a decade and I just checked and she is #83 on Spotify. More than Elvis PResley, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey and etc. The new generation loves Britney. Every once in a while one of her old bops trends on TikTok. Britney is authentic and people relate to that. She is no Taylor Swift that cares every step she takes. She has always been a rebel. That are so many current artists building their careers just like Britney did on her time. Things change, people change, people get old and there are much more important stuff than winning golden statues and competing for streams on Spotify. These kind of worries about Britney's legacy shows that you value things that are superficial. 

Edited by mono-yuumi
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, mono-yuumi said:

These kind of worries about Britney's legacy shows that you value things that are superficial. 

That is so foolish to say.

Is it superficial to want justice for her and get those people behind bars? 

Public support helped free her. Her social media has ruined the universal public support she once had. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, justhanging said:

That is so foolish to say.

Is it superficial to want justice for her and get those people behind bars? 

Public support helped free her. Her social media has ruined the universal public support she once had. 

I wrote 11 lines detailing my point of view about your question and the only thing that called your attention was that I mentioned YOU care too much about superficial things. 

That only stands what I just said: you're superficial and self absorbed. It's laughable you're trying to argue saying you care about her at all, "oh I just want justice for her" and then starts a thread bullying her and stating she's destroying her brand by posting her stuff on Instagram. Like, are you for real?

Public never truly supported her, they just bought wherever the media was selling and trashing Britney was always lucrative. They only showed some care when misoginy became a topic people were aware about and because it was cool to defend Britney at that specific situation were it was near impossible not recognize she was being abused by her family. But lots of people kept commenting things like she deserved to be in the conservatoship and they still do to this day. Britney were scrutinized through all her career and only a small part of her fans that truly cared about her well being started the Free Britney movement. 

And now that is a handful of stuborns mid age gays that expected Britney after all she went throught would give a single **** about playing around to be a popstar anymore. She was on top of the game for many years and look where it led her. She knows better than anyone that fame is a tricky illusion. People don't really care about your soul. They just want wants convinient for them. A song that would make them feel better, a performance that would make them feel excited... But they don't care about what happens on the backstage at all. They see you as a product on a shelf for them to consume and throw away when they get tired. Do you really care about Britney Spears? So I would suggest you to grow the f up and keep you mouth shut about her, you f troll. You disgut me. I prefer mean people that are mean to your faces than people like you who thinks are smarter than everyone and loves pretending to be a good person but look at you. An irrelevant piece of s wanting to play dolls with a 40yo woman and being a crybaby when she doesn't f care about your expectations. I can say for a fact her brand is intact for many decades to come while you will die just the way you lived: irrelevant and unoticed. Maybe you should post your Instagram here so we could judge if its that good. Just remember to tag for sensitive content because not everyone can deal with gore content. 

Edited by mono-yuumi
55 minutes ago, mono-yuumi said:

I wrote 11 lines detailing my point of view about your question and the only thing that called your attention was that I mentioned YOU care too much about superficial things. 

That only stands what I just said: you're superficial and self absorbed. It's laughable you're trying to argue saying you care about her at all, "oh I just want justice for her" and then starts a thread bullying her and stating she's destroying her brand by posting her stuff on Instagram. Like, are you for real?

Public never truly supported her, they just bought wherever the media was selling and trashing Britney was always lucrative. They only showed some care when misoginy became a topic people were aware about and because it was cool to defend Britney at that specific situation were it was near impossible not recognize she was being abused by her family. But lots of people kept commenting things like she deserved to be in the conservatoship and they still do to this day. Britney were scrutinized through all her career and only a small part of her fans that truly cared about her well being started the Free Britney movement. 

And now that is a handful of stuborns mid age gays that expected Britney after all she went throught would give a single **** about playing around to be a popstar anymore. She was on top of the game for many years and look where it led her. She knows better than anyone that fame is a tricky illusion. People don't really care about your soul. They just want wants convinient for them. A song that would make them feel better, a performance that would make them feel excited... But they don't care about what happens on the backstage at all. They see you as a product on a shelf for them to consume and throw away when they get tired. Do you really care about Britney Spears? So I would suggest you to grow the f up and keep you mouth shut about her, you f troll. You disgut me. I prefer mean people that are mean to your faces than people like you who thinks are smarter than everyone and loves pretending to be a good person but look at you. An irrelevant piece of s wanting to play dolls with a 40yo woman and being a crybaby when she doesn't f care about your expectations. I can say for a fact her brand is intact for many decades to come while you will die just the way you lived: irrelevant and unoticed. Maybe you should post your Instagram here so we could judge if its that good. Just remember to tag for sensitive content because not everyone can deal with gore content. 

Congrats on your 11-line dissertation, but quantity doesn't always equal quality and your argument lacks substance and coherence.

On 5/12/2024 at 6:05 AM, Loosenupthosebuttons said:

Mental illness isn’t an option?

On 5/12/2024 at 6:12 AM, BabyHotAsIce said:

No reason to do all these think pieces, the answer is pretty simple.

She is mentally ill and refuses to get help. This is the reality of what we're witnessing and although it's sad, you have to want the help in order to receive it. Britney is so traumatized that she refuses help and has turned on the people who genuinely wanted the best for her post conservatorship. Now she's all alone riding around town with a felon. 

:ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue: How is she "so mentally ill"  when back in 2021-2022 she was so well-spoken and aware of everything in court and in the voice memos and videos that she was posting on youtube and instagram?  :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:   It doesn't make any sense, does it? :bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt:  :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

20 hours ago, justhanging said:

Exactly. She needs a team.

Britney didn't speak and subsequently failed to control the narrative in 2007 and Team Con won. She is a dr*g addict and mentally ill according to them. 

Why is she not playing the game and speaking to control the narrative now that they want to pull another 2007 on her?

Uhh?? lmao. You clearly have no understanding on how mental illness works. 

1 hour ago, BabyHotAsIce said:

Uhh?? lmao. You clearly have no understanding on how mental illness works. 

You clearly are ignorant.

She was never diagnosed with anything and she has said the only scary thing she has is depression and anxiety from what she went through in the conservatorship.

Bless your heart, you think she wrote it

Songwriter can mean they threw a word in

Keri hilson, danja and others are who wrote it

Danja said he charged 5 figures per song for the album. 

She also did the album because she wanted the cash release she got every time she did an album. Which is why she did original doll and jive stopped it.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.