Iconic Dancer Brooke Lipton talks “Slave 4 U”

26 minutes ago, Doja Kitten said:

This choreography solidified Britney as one of the best technical dancers in the industry. She makes it look so effortless. Kudos to Wade and Brian as well. Iconic is an understatement for this amazing piece of art. :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

The choreography for Slave is what makes the song good.  For a long time, I didn't know why people favored the 2001 VMA over the 2000 VMA performance, but I realized that the Britneys flawless execution of the choreography that night made her a dance icon;i n the ranks of Janet and Paula Abdul.  Still, the 2000 VMA performance is what put Britney on the MJ / Madonna level.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, cubasterd said:

The choreography for Slave is what makes the song good.  For a long time, I didn't know why people favored the 2001 VMA over the 2000 VMA performance, but I realized that the Britneys flawless execution of the choreography that night made her a dance icon;i n the ranks of Janet and Paula Abdul.  Still, the 2000 VMA performance is what put Britney on the MJ / Madonna level.

Yes, the choreography for Slave is nothing short of amazing but don’t act as though it isn’t an infectious pop song with a very slick beat. Everything about it is a masterpiece and The Neptunes did their thing. She simply executed the choreography better at the 2001 VMAs than during 2000. Don’t be delusional. Not to mention how effortlessly she carried a 30 pound snake around her shoulders while looking fearless and not missing a single beat. And don’t even get me started on how she walks up the stairs to the outro of Slave in such synchrony. It was magic.

Edited by BadBunny
  • Love 5
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, BadBunny said:

Yes, the choreography for Slave is nothing short of amazing but don’t act as though it isn’t an infectious pop song with a very slick beat. Everything about it is a masterpiece and The Neptunes did their thing. She simply executed the choreography better at the 2001 VMAs than during 2000. Don’t be delusional. Not to mention how effortlessly she carried a 30 pound snake around her shoulders while looking fearless and not missing a single beat. And don’t even get me started on how she walks up the stairs to the outro of Slave in such synchrony. It was magic.

I admit that I am biased due to be my initial disappointment while watching the live performance in 2001 that night.  The song wasn't as great as I felt it needed to be. Britney was lipsyching,again, during a time when I really wanted her to sing live. She also looked very different with the  nose job, weight loss, and muscle gain. As a fan, it was a lot. I didn't love SlaveYou until the Letterman performance.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, cubasterd said:

I admit that I am biased due to be my initial disappointment while watching the live performance in 2001 that night.  The song wasn't as great as I felt it needed to be. Britney was lipsyching,again, during a time when I really wanted her to sing live. She also looked very different with the  nose job, weight loss, and muscle gain. As a fan, it was a lot. I didn't love SlaveYou until the Letterman performance.

Slave 4 U is brilliant and was ahead of its time no slander allowed omg :kellyfall_scream_ahh_falling_dead:

• Haha 1

Slave 4 u is what changed me from a fan to an absolute stan.

The song, the choreo, the video, all of the performances, it was just perfectly spot on. It was an incredible transation from a teen starlet into this **** superstar. 

I remember hearing the song and seeing the video at the same time for the first time and it just absolutely shook my 15 y.o. *** to the core. 

4 hours ago, descg said:

She was slimmer in the Oops era:

16:42    30:27

Those defined abs and torso Britney had at the 2001 VMAs ,and in the "Not a girl" video, are from weight loss and muscle gain. She lost weight a year before in the Oops era but she wasnt as cut.

6 minutes ago, cubasterd said:

Those defined abs and torso Britney had at the 2001 VMAs ,and in the "Not a girl" video, are from weight loss and muscle gain. She lost weight a year before in the Oops era but she wasnt as cut.

At the '00 VMAS was slimmer, the thing in the Britney era was more muscle gain only. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, cubasterd said:

How this is even a topic is beyond me :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block