Ariana Grande’s ‘True Story’ samples ‘Cry Me A River’ by JT?

28 minutes ago, Zach F said:

Is everybody gonna be sampling this song now? :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

This. They have like a billion songs to sample, why sunddenly every girls want "their cry me a river" melody right now? Also it's weird coz' I though Ari was a big Britney's fan... Not a big deal but considering the story of the song and the c *unt who sing that song, it's a little bit surprising. Or maybe she's gonna use it this way?

:rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

Edited by Johanpapz
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, humstarr said:

I feel like they r trying to make the most of that song before timberlake cant perform it anymore due to controversy.

Or maybe since he’s sold his catalog, they’re abusing usage rights as payback. lol I don’t know the full legality of his catalog situation but I expect this is only the beginning of being drenched in JT samples

13 minutes ago, officialmaurice said:

Or maybe since he’s sold his catalog, they’re abusing usage rights as payback. lol I don’t know the full legality of his catalog situation but I expect this is only the beginning of being drenched in JT samples

Oh god please no lol 

24 minutes ago, FFBetterThanBlackout said:

Sampling from Cry Me A River does not mean someone hates Britney, right? As much as I hate JT, it IS a well-produced song.

The song is a direct hit piece against Britney. The intent behind it and the video was to shame Britney by putting their private life on the public stage so JT remains the golden boy and Britney gets knocked off her peddle stool. Well produced or not, the whole concept and conception of the song was to drag Britney, but go off. 
spacer.png

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 2/18/2024 at 10:08 PM, oscar0 said:

Rosalia already did it in the song Baghdad in 2018. I don't understand the controversy for using a sampler. Nothing to do with hating Britney. Some of you are delusional

And the Oops tribute. But was an interpolation not a sample 💃🏻.

Edit: Rosa was the first and she is a increíble artists the others... Well they are something.

Edited by descg
On 2/18/2024 at 6:13 PM, MikeHunt said:

The song is a direct hit piece against Britney. The intent behind it and the video was to shame Britney by putting their private life on the public stage so JT remains the golden boy and Britney gets knocked off her peddle stool. Well produced or not, the whole concept and conception of the song was to drag Britney, but go off. 
spacer.png

He's also a ******* narcissistic creep.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.