Ariana Grande - "yes, and?"

7 minutes ago, Thomkat said:

Regardless, I’m so sorry that you’ve had to stomach any of it. Exhale has certainly devolved overtime, which is partly why I don’t really post here anymore, but seeing this go on is definitely a new low for me. 

Nobody here knows your story, and frankly, you don’t owe it to anyone. You’ve already made yourself vulnerable. But I’m sending a big hug and taking comfort in the fact that I think most people know better than to judge anyone living with HIV, and that we can absolutely celebrate how far medicine and education have come 🙏

The toxicity here is concerning to say the list. Also if this "conversation" about HIV is not enough for a ban, I really wonder what is ...? Attempted mur*** 😅 ? I do not care if this person is banned or not honestly as I have compassion for such an extreme case of narcissism (aka self-hatred), but I will obviously remove myself from Exhale as this site would prove to be the exact kind of place I need to stay away from at all cost 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Naej2theend
Saved before I finished
  • Super Mods
48 minutes ago, Naej2theend said:

OK, but your answer seems to indicate that if all this had been said into DM’s, that wouldn’t be an issue.

Am I understanding this correctly?

not judging, but if that is the case, clearly exhale is not a safe place for me.

I'm sorry it came out that way, wasn't my intention at all. I merely meant to take any quarrelling and topic unrelated talk into another space as this topic is about Ariana's new single, that is all. 

The person also disagreed with me on a few things so I decided to simply let it go personally. I absolutely understand you though, and I feel for you 100%. My very best friend is also HIV positive and undetectable so I'm extremely aware of all the hardships he went through as I decided to stick with him through it all as he was a little bit suicidal with it. Had to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid in the process of his healing. Now he's doing great and I'm very proud of him, just as I'm proud of you. I'm sorry about the way the member treated you. I merely hate making any hard ban decisions on my own as im just one of the moderators, so removing someone completely from the website is something I don't take lightly and shouldn't do on my own accord. I hope you understand.

Overall, I firmly believe Exhale is a safe place for you as 99% of the community is welcoming and non-judgmental.

Also I do promise should the member overstep like that again, they will receive penalty. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BUWYGF said:

girl this comment is not it. I gave you warning points because you've been a great member so far honestly, but please do not actually discriminate against someone like this. You're half a step away from the line you should not cross.

Thank you.

That person should get permanent ban and if possible based on IP address.

As I mention before, Im doctor and even my degree is not in infectology as a psychiatrist I do lot of pro bono work with centers which helps patients to overcome trauma regarding their positive status. Insensitive comments like this are many times triggering and can cause depression, self harm and even suicide. I think comments like this should be treated with high importance.

Also I think if possible would it be possible to delete all the posts regarding this issue once the user is banned and clear this thread from this discussion since its completely off topic and doesn't belong tho this forum at all?

thank you

Edited by MIKE_INT
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, BUWYGF said:

I'm sorry it came out that way, wasn't my intention at all. I merely meant to take any quarrelling and topic unrelated talk into another space as this topic is about Ariana's new single, that is all. 

The person also disagreed with me on a few things so I decided to simply let it go personally. I absolutely understand you though, and I feel for you 100%. My very best friend is also HIV positive and undetectable so I'm extremely aware of all the hardships he went through as I decided to stick with him through it all as he was a little bit suicidal with it. Had to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid in the process of his healing. Now he's doing great and I'm very proud of him, just as I'm proud of you. I'm sorry about the way the member treated you. I merely hate bringing ban decisions on my own as im just one of the moderators, so removing someone completely from the website is something I don't take lightly and shouldn't do on my own accord. I hope you understand.

Overall, I firmly believe Exhale is a safe place for you as 99% of the community is welcoming and non-judgmental.

Also I do promise should the member overstep like that again, they will receive penalty. 

I understand your position over taking the responsability to ban a member or not and I respect it. I have been a professional moderator myself for more than ten years and I know how some problematic members can react when being banned and how it can be harmful to mental health in the end (I ended un being burnt out to the chore which led to the end of this professional experience, which turned out to be a blessing in the end). Please do not justify yourself over HIV, your answers in the thread are making the point for you. You are aware of the subject and advocating the right way, thank you for this. Also thank you for clarifying your position about today's issue. I have to apologize for derailing the thread from the original subject, but I honestly had to react to what was said about HIV in the first place and then things went south to say the least. 

• Super Mods
4 minutes ago, Naej2theend said:

I understand your position over taking the responsability to ban a member or not and I respect it. I have been a professional moderator myself for more than ten years and I know how some problematic members can react when being banned and how it can be harmful to mental health in the end (I ended un being burnt out to the chore which led to the end of this professional experience, which turned out to be a blessing in the end). Please do not justify yourself over HIV, your answers in the thread are making the point for you. You are aware of the subject and advocating the right way, thank you for this. Also thank you for clarifying your position about today's issue. I have to apologize for derailing the thread from the original subject, but I honestly had to react to what was said about HIV in the first place and then things went south to say the least. 

I appreciate you so much for understanding my position, honestly! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: I love people like you (i tend to be similar.) I have forwarded the whole issue to Jordan so he will probably make the final judgment today when he wakes up (im in the EU so that's why im active here atm.) No need to apologize, you didn't start the whole mess anyway and you have the right to defend yourself. The age when we thought HIV was some sort of crazy airborne virus is long behind us. I was sure at least most gays would be aware of this by now. 

I do hope you have a great day ahead of you. I'm still bopping to Ariana's song while working lol

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

I appreciate you so much for understanding my position, honestly! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: I love people like you (i tend to be similar.) I have forwarded the whole issue to Jordan so he will probably make the final judgment today when he wakes up (im in the EU so that's why im active here atm.) No need to apologize, you didn't start the whole mess anyway and you have the right to defend yourself. The age when we thought HIV was some sort of crazy airborne virus is long behind us. I was sure at least most gays would be aware of this by now. 

I do hope you have a great day ahead of you. I'm still bopping to Ariana's song while working lol

Honestly your answers are making me want to stay. One member being a horrible person is a thing. The website protecting him is another. You are honest, empathic and transparent so this aspect of the situation is dealt with the way I hoped it would be. You are definitely an asset for exhale as a moderator. Thank you again Sweetie ! (by the way I am in Europe too, in Paris to be precise). Have a great day too !!

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
44 minutes ago, Naej2theend said:

Honestly your answers are making me want to stay. One member being a horrible person is a thing. The website protecting him is another. You are honest, empathic and transparent so this aspect of the situation is dealt with the way I hoped it would be. You are definitely an asset for exhale as a moderator. Thank you again Sweetie ! (by the way I am in Europe too, in Paris to be precise). Have a great day too !!

omg i loveee Paris! My bf and I visited a week ago for a short weekend getaway :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped: He lives in Amsterdam and I live in Madrid :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

omg i loveee Paris! My bf and I visited a week ago for a short weekend getaway :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped: He lives in Amsterdam and I live in Madrid :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Oh cool I hope you enjoyed it ! Paris is beautiful but the energy can be triggering compared to basically every other European city 😅

• Super Mods
5 minutes ago, Naej2theend said:

Oh cool I hope you enjoyed it ! Paris is beautiful but the energy can be triggering compared to basically every other European city 😅

I love both Paris and the big d's frenchies are packing Nintendo Eating GIF

well the video is just like a song. Its fine, not great, not terrible.

Ariana looks like AI in some , especially at the beginning, on close up scenes.

Also the bleached eyebrows were a choice for sure :/

Its giving Cold Hearted Snake by Paula Abdul tho

Edited by MIKE_INT
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.