Tate McRae ‘Exes’ music video

CentralCJ

46 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I KNOW!

@Cqleb, you make so many clickbait threads, stop it!! I'm really anxious about this, and you don't always have to be the first to post everything, chill.

Also, the audio leaked!! I.LOVE.THISSSS:

Yea I was kinda pissed when I opened this thread cuz I’m so excited to see the video. I was like OMG stop everything- I need to see this and it was just basically a placeholder. :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

When the videos comes out start a new thread :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

And the song is better than I expected. I had low expectations after hearing the snippet that she put out, but it’s good. Not as catchy as Greedy but I can vibe to this! I’m not a fan of whiny vocals and I’m glad she’s toned that down a bit. 

8 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

And the song is better than I expected. I had low expectations after hearing the snippet that she put out, but it’s good. Not as catchy as Greedy but I can vibe to this! I’m not a fan of whiny vocals and I’m glad she’s toned that down a bit. 

I liked the snippet (chorus) right away so I just had to make sure the verses were good, and they are! I even like the bridge, it's short and the change in melody is simple but I love subtlety. I also like the lyrics, only at 20 you can be this ballsy. Oh, and that laugh in the chorus?? LOVE.ITTT.

• Love 1

IT JUST PREMIERED and I loved it!!! At the beginning the dancing scenes are too chopped for me, but then the editing starts melting beautifully with the song, and there are some seconds that are really brilliant! And she looks great!

At first with the teaser it gave me Britney's Slave vibes, but then with the boxing scenes it gave me Xtina's Dirrty :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Now she should just commit to making each new video around a sport, tbh. Greedy in an ice rink, Exes in a boxing ring, and the third single (snippet at the end of this video, it sounds like a ballad) should be in a basketball field or something haha

PS: wait, she's in rodeo here?? ok nevermind :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I wonder who the choreographer for this is?

* EDIT: all the details are in the caption for the video, I'm so excited I barely read heh

Choreographer - Sean Bankhead

Edited by bitbitboi
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

IT JUST PREMIERED and I loved it!!! At the beginning the dancing scenes are too chopped for me, but then the editing starts melting beautifully with the song, and there are some seconds that are really brilliant! And she looks great!

At first with the teaser it gave me Britney's Slave vibes, but then with the boxing scenes it gave me Xtina's Dirrty :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Now she should just commit to making each new video around a sport, tbh. Greedy in an ice rink, Exes in a boxing ring, and the third single (snippet at the end of this video, it sounds like a ballad) should be in a basketball field or something haha

PS: wait, she's in rodeo here??

Yes I thought this was going to be her Slave 4 U homage moment but it’s actually an Xtina Dirrty homage. I LOVE that she is dancing the house down! She’s one of the few that actually can do an intense, technical choreo routine, and we need to see it! 
the song is cool. Not anything ear catching but cute. 
If she doesn’t bring everything for her Billboard Awards performance, I’m gonna be so over her. She had the B Army wanting to see her rise but she doesn’t deliver in live performances. I don’t get why she holds back live, when she slays in her videos.

5 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Yes I thought this was going to be her Slave 4 U homage moment but it’s actually an Xtina Dirrty homage. I LOVE that she is dancing the house down! She’s one of the few that actually can do an intense, technical choreo routine, and we need to see it! 
the song is cool. Not anything ear catching but cute. 
If she doesn’t bring everything for her Billboard Awards performance, I’m gonna be so over her. She had the B Army wanting to see her rise but she doesn’t deliver in live performances. I don’t get why she holds back live, when she slays in her videos.

Yes, she truly is a fantastic dancer, high energy! But.................. I'm not expecting great live performances. I do not believe in "artists getting better" over time. I grew up with Michael, Madonna, BRITNEY. To me, you either have it, or not. I don't think Tate has it as a performer, really. I don't think it has to do with talent but with personality. She's SHY. Her music is mostly mellow tracks. I mean, I'm here for her!! And I'll be supporting her because she definitely has the X factor (did ya hear, Taylor Swift??) and I love seeing her dancing and "Greedy" and "Exes" are two MEGA BOPS, but performer? Not sure about that... I mean, I still don't believe Dua is a great live performer. Even Rihanna is kinda mediocre in my eyes.

• Like 1

I can appreciate the choreography, but I’m getting nothing from her.  No personality, she never shows any emotions.  I want to like her but it’s just not happening so far!  Also, the Lyft product placement…they couldn’t do anything a little more creative lol?  Like maybe having a conversation with the driver or her friends?

39 minutes ago, Ehju0901 said:

I can appreciate the choreography, but I’m getting nothing from her.  No personality, she never shows any emotions.  I want to like her but it’s just not happening so far!  Also, the Lyft product placement…they couldn’t do anything a little more creative lol?  Like maybe having a conversation with the driver or her friends?

I liked it and I thought it was funny and even clever because five seconds before she was singing and dancing her 4ss off about all her exes and right afterwards she was chilling in the car with her, probably, next single, a slow jam...

4 hours ago, stronger1992 said:

Y’all raving about the “dancing” and I can’t find it 😂 It’s just hair flipping and a hip thrust here and there, very choppy. Song is ehhh..

Still doing more choreography than anyone else these days (besides Tinashe) 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.