Britney looks back on the Onyx Hotel Tour in new book: "The Onyx tour was a mistake"

Well it was a bit too ***ual for me too.

But am I the only one who thought the audio mix was so bad? Main vocals missing (but still lipping), instruments sounding all separated, no big concert-ish kick reverbs, bg vocals too loud and bad at times, etc. Fancam footage is way better imo. Of course dance-wise, it's top notch, there were some parts that were ok but overall I personally didn't like it. I guess Britney has different reasons tho.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Eternalhouse said:

Well it was a bit too ***ual for me too.

But am I the only one who thought the audio mix was so bad? Main vocals missing (but still lipping), instruments sounding all separated, no big concert-ish kick reverbs, bg vocals too loud and bad at times, etc. Fancam footage is way better imo. Of course dance-wise, it's top notch, there were some parts that were ok but overall I personally didn't like it. I guess Britney has different reasons tho.

The official Miami show sounds AWFUL. But it was pretty great in person and of course the fan footage sounds way better too.

19 minutes ago, Markoct said:

She has said multiple times she loves both these songs so, no.

The performance, darling, the performance. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

I know she loves those songs but if she disliked the tour for being super se x ual, those two were literally almost live soft p * r n. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Edited by tommy_boy
1 minute ago, tommy_boy said:

The performance, darling, the performance. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

I know she loves those songs but if she disliked the tour for being super se x ual, those two were literally almost live soft p * r n. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

She didnt say that, she said it was too soon for her to get on stage after such breakup, again, no.

• Like 1

I dont think Britney meant that performances or most of the theme was stupid, rather that she wasn't ready to do a full tour (which is a demanding and exhausting experience).

It has been clear for a long time now that she really began to be "over it" during it. Even Bryan said that at one point she seemed to be really over it and tired during the tour, it also seemed she was relieved when the tour was canceled.

She was exhausted and wanted a break. In adittion, the bad publicity around her at the time and the tour underperforming in some places must have not helped

Edited by BritBritSpearsLove
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I haven't read the book yet but I kinda get what she said. There was a lot going on at the In The Zone era, in her professional and personal life. Britney was overworked and dealing with emotional stuff at the same time. It's been pretty known that the knee injury was her screaming for a break (even tho I think it wasn't fair her poor knee and the physical pain she had to suffer, ugh) and especially knowing what came next. :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

The Onyx Hotel Tour is my favorite tour ever, I find it absolutely mesmerizing BUT, as a tour,  there were things that could just went different, like, the kiss or the whole Touch Of My Hand & Breathe On Me performances for example. But anyways, It's good to know her point of view.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, BritBritSpearsLove said:

I dont think Britney meant that performances or most of the theme was stupid, rather that she wasn't ready to do a full tour (which is a demanding and exhausting experience).

It has been clear for a long time now that she really began to be "over it" during the tour. Even Bryan said that at one point she seemed to be really over it and tired during the tour, it also seemed she was relieved when the tour was canceled.

She was exhausted and wanted a break. In adittion, the bad publicity around her at the time and the tour underperforming in some places must have not helped

yeah even if I've never been the biggest fan of Onyx either, I think what she meant was from the point of view of her personal life.

If she's not emotionally well because of the breakup, the last thing she needed was to go into an excruciating tour schedule. The last thing people need to recover from something like that is work. I mean, us mortals have no option because we make a living out of it, but if she had the money to take a longer break, she should've done so.

Just like she didn't have to work when she was put in the conservatorship (well, the whole thing shouldn't have happened either, but if they really wanted to help her they would've let her rest and be with her kids). It's only now after the conservatorship has been dissolved that for the first time in her life she's making the right choice to just take a well deserved, indefinite break.

Besides, I just remembered, that it wasn't just the Onyx Hotel Tour, but the promo in late 2003 and early 2004 was also insane, she went to so many countries to do all these tv performances, it was just a lot of work.

Edited by PokemonSpears
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Yasux34 said:

My least Favorite tour. 

DWAD was her best . 

She was at her peak music , dancer, body wise. 
iM

Im surprised she feels this way since she loves ITZ all her heard work. I thought she only hated it when she fell for Kfed. I see she wasn't into it as much as far as production. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SatisfactionOops said:

It's a good show... but I think the reason why she isn't as fond of it is because it's not really as "Britney" as other shows. Like, DWAD is PURE, unfiltered and DEFINITIVE Britney. Onyx is definitely more in the vein of someone like Madonna.

Also, didn’t she said in the book that it was so ***ual as a revenge for JT? She just wasn’t herself at that time

• Like 1

You guys are a bit prudish… how are you all saying it’s too s*dual as Britney fans when Britney has been a *** symbol her whole career. Onyx hotel was one of her best and the dancing/energy especially. Britney saying it was too much yet she poses naked on Instagram 💀  if we gonna bash a tour, let’s bash femme fatale tour and vegas as they are the worst her whole career. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.