Lana Del Rey already working on her next album

At this point I wish she’d work with her old producers. Her last three albums have been bleeehhh. “Did you know” was decent; had some good songs. I couldn’t get into “Blue Banisters” at all. “Chemtrails” was decent as well. I’m a big Lana fan and I support artist decisions and growth, but I just haven’t been connecting with the music she’s been putting out. The success of “Say Yes To Heaven” just shows the GP is ready for some classic Lana sounds. But overall I know it’s not fair to ask of an artist to do that, I’d be like me asking why Britney doesn’t release songs like Baby or Oops! :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

At this point I wish she’d work with her old producers. Her last three albums have been bleeehhh. “Did you know” was decent; had some good songs. I couldn’t get into “Blue Banisters” at all. “Chemtrails” was decent as well. I’m a big Lana fan and I support artist decisions and growth, but I just haven’t been connecting with the music she’s been putting out. The success of “Say Yes To Heaven” just shows the GP is ready for some classic Lana sounds. But overall I know it’s not fair to ask of an artist to do that, I’d be like me asking why Britney doesn’t release songs like Baby or Oops! :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I want an Ultraviolence Part 2 :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

I want an Ultraviolence Part 2 :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Yeeeeesssssss! :melt_weird_drift_wow:
I remember at the time of its release, I wasn’t completely on board with the more rock sound. I was still obsessed with her alt-hip hop type sound of Born. But Ultraviolence grew on me sooo much as I got older and it’s probably the album I listen to the most now.
I do oil paintings for fun, and her music just inspired me sooo much. I’d spend hours blaring her music and just in the zone creating.:praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

Her more recent albums haven’t brought out anything in me. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

Edited by MikeHunt
  • Love 1
Just now, MikeHunt said:

Yeeeeesssssss! :melt_weird_drift_wow:
I remember at the time of its release, I wasn’t completely on board with the more rock song. I was still obsessed with her alt-hip hop type sound of Born. But Ultraviolence grew on me sooo much as I got older and it’s probably the album I listen to the most now.
I do oil paintings for fun, and her music just inspired me sooo much. I’d spend hours blaring her music and just in the zone creating.:praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

Her more recent albums haven’t brought out anything in me. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

No but why do I feel this exact same way too. I also didn’t get into ‘UV’ until later and it’s not that her new music is bad but it also just doesn’t do much for me. The last Lana album that truly made me feel something was ‘NFR’. When I tell you I overplayed that album… 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

#freelana

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.