Let’s be real, Hold Me Closer kinda went nowhere due to the horrible music video

Just now, Ace of Base said:

It’s so funny though… Just because it debuted in the Top 10, doesn’t mean it actually was a hit… it literally started free falling after the first week and I haven’t heard much about it since September 2022

I know it's so delusional to say it did well haha! I put it on at a dinner party last saturday and people didn't even know brit had a new song out :(

shame as it could have been huge, but still a great step forward for her after all those dark years etc. ❤️ we're ready for more

27 minutes ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

I know it's so delusional to say it did well haha! I put it on at a dinner party last saturday and people didn't even know brit had a new song out :(

shame as it could have been huge, but still a great step forward for her after all those dark years etc. ❤️ we're ready for more

I hope she doesn’t put anything else out ever again just to spite haters like yourselves 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

I mean no one outside of fans has known britney had new songs out since work *****

Why are people so obsessed with the numbers? For what it was, it did what it had to do. It fed us. It gave us life. It served. And like a big mystery, she left the Hot 100 chart. Why can’t people just be thankful we got SOMETHING from the Queen. Maybe Britney didn’t want to do the music video? Did anyone ever think of that? Maybe she was asked and she said no. Maybe she wasn’t ready. 

Us as a fandom need to be patient with Britney, otherwise we won’t get ANYTHING. AT ALL. EVER.

So chill.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dulcaewm said:

I hope she doesn’t put anything else out ever again just to spite haters like yourselves 

I love her and her music, I’ve been a HUGE fan for 19 years, I’m just being honest. I can’t praise the song saying it was a success because it wasn’t. I love it, it gave me life, I cried when it leaked and I listened to it for the first time, but I can’t pretend it was this smash hit y’all want to pass it for. It’s so ******* cringe when I read posts of deluded fans saying the song did so well and other bull****… 

And PLEASE stop attacking people saying they’re haters, not real fans or work for loucifer (LOL) just because their opinions differ from yours or are not what you wanna read.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.