Sam Smith breaks the Internet with new photo for Perfect magazine

2 minutes ago, MIKE_INT said:

Just because he feels comfortable in something doesn't mean it has to be aesthetically pleasing for everyone else.

He knows what he is doing, he likes the attention, otherwise he would simply done this in a privacy of his home and not on a cover of magazine.

To go into showbiz and expect only positive reaction is nothing but dumb.

What’s wrong with what he’s doing? Not only one body shape is acceptable just because he’s a celebrity. Gay culture sucks with so much pressure to look a certain way when in reality most do look this way and feel bad about themselves. 
just cause you don’t view it as “aesthetically pleasing” does not mean he deserves to be bullied for it 

• Love 8
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Marjoram said:

What’s wrong with what he’s doing? Not only one body shape is acceptable just because he’s a celebrity. Gay culture sucks with so much pressure to look a certain way when in reality most do look this way and feel bad about themselves. 
just cause you don’t view it as “aesthetically pleasing” does not mean he deserves to be bullied for it 

I never said anyone deserve to be bullied. Dont put words into my mouth please and rather read with understanding.

You, me, everybody else, we can wear and act however we like, but we cannot expect that our doing is going to be always welcome with positive opinion. Of course every opinion should be express in a right manner and that is important. It is also important to express your opinion, no matter if it is positive or negative one. To have an opinion is natural.  The way the opinion is represented is matter of intelligence of the certain individual.

I personally dont care if he wears this, and pose like this. It is something I find attractive? No, but if he is happy like that good for him, however as I said earlier, you cannot always expect only positive reaction especially when you are in showbiz.

Edited by MIKE_INT
  • Like 2
47 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

He is disgusting and this type of fat promoting imagery is offensive. Unhealthy, obese lifestyles should not be celebrated 

You are conflating two different things, though. One can strive to be healthy while still loving their body. I agree that fat acceptance is one step too far, and we should be striving towards body positivity (or even neutrality) instead. But at the end of the day, it's just weird behavior to shame someone's body under the guise of "caring about their health" or whatever. It's just so disingenuous. And this isn't just about Sam (for those who say that Sam wants the attention). They might want the attention, but there's other people who look like Sam and don't want the attention. Imagine how they might feel seeing such comments even if they're directed at Sam specifically. For example, I'm normally satisfied with my body, but when Tom Brady posted this:

Spoiler

526ez0iiunga1.jpg

people were calling him gross and too skinny, and as a skinny guy, that did make me question myself at least a little bit. It's just unnecessary. Making people hate themselves isn't motivating.

Edited by i sometimes sing live
  • Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.