Schizoaffective Disorder - Saved By the Bell alum

I went down a 90s rabbit hole and never knew she suffered from this .. Glad she speaking out about it

15822005154279-e1582200535126.jpg?w=560&
BOSSIP.COM

Dr. Oz And Lark Voorhies Discuss Her Mental Health Struggles Lark Voorhies has been quietly working...

Following a concerning 2012 interview with Entertainment Tonight, many wondered whether Voorhies -- who played Lisa Turtle on the classic sitcom -- was taking ***** or dealing with some kind of unknown issue. At the time, her mother came out and said Voorhies was bipolar, though Lark denied the diagnosis.

Prefacing the interview by saying Voorhies' disorder can cause her to have trouble articulating her thoughts, Dr. Oz then asked her to share her official diagnosis.

"Schizoaffective thought disorder and that was a perfect example of what it does and how it behaves and what it creates around and about it," she said, referring to a clip from the ET interview. She added that she has never taken *****.

Her mother, Tricia, said that she initially said Lark was bipolar because she wanted to put "a label" to how her behavior at the time was being perceived. "Lark hadn't defined to herself what was going on, so therefore she resented the fact I came forward to put a label that she herself hadn't accepted," added Tricia. "She was upset with me about that."

Dr. Oz said he initially wanted to have Lark on his show two years ago, but "it became evident to my team she was still not well" when they did a pre-interview with her. "The first order of business was to get Lark some off-camera support," he said, revealing he hooked her and her mother up with psychiatrist Dr. Modir.

Talk then turned to her former "Saved by the Bell" costars, who have reunited in recent years for unofficial nights out, as well as an upcoming reboot for NBC's Peacock streaming service.

Recalling her years on the show, she said there was a "very family-like" atmosphere back in the day. "Each stage performance becomes your audience and family and we're up together, down together, together together," she said, adding that her years on the series were "some of my happiest moments of my childhood."

Edited by devilsadvocate
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block