Growing up with Kim Petras

TommyX

Kim Petras Talks Gender Identity & Idolizing Pop Icons.

Ever since she was young, Kim Petras has remained dedicated to her songwriting craft. For her installment of Billboard's 'Growing Up, the German singer reflected on her gender identity and how a move to Los Angeles at 19 helped fulfill her childhood dreams of pop stardom.

• Love 4

Love her, love Sam! so cool to see a top hit by them. Been a fan of hers since myspace days. I was an independent artist and had producers say the same thing to me about being non binary, that since they could not market it they wouldn't sign me. I ended up going to school for audio engineering but I don't do it much anymore these days since the industry is so hostile about it still.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, TommyX said:

She has described it as the essence of herself with some Berghain Techno moments. So I have a feeling we're finally getting the studio version of Somber.

I’m sooooo intrigued by the Berghain techno moments! I’m envisioning a techno-y Blackout.

also, is Kim’s goal to get the song played at Berghain? That would be amazingggg because they are SO anti-pop, but when a pop song IS played (techno remix) people LOVE it and talk about it forever.

Berghain needs to play Kim’s music because she is a *** **** national treasure to Germany.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

I’m sooooo intrigued by the Berghain techno moments! I’m envisioning a techno-y Blackout.

also, is Kim’s goal to get the song played at Berghain? That would be amazingggg because they are SO anti-pop, but when a pop song IS played (techno remix) people LOVE it and talk about it forever.

Berghain needs to play Kim’s music because she is a *** **** national treasure to Germany.

I could imagine Berghain being one of her goals. At Coachella she performed Techno remixes of Heart To Break and Hillside Boys. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block