What was your favorite album of 2022?

• Super Mods
15 hours ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Still on my to-do list:

• Muna - Muna
  • Omar Apollo - Ivory

Omg your whole list demonstrates taste, but I highly recommend MUNA! :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell: Their album is amongst my top of the year for sure, along with Renaissance by Beyoncé, Holy Fuvk by Poot, and Traumanize by Megan Thee Stallion. :wendy_williams_bop_listen_music:

I also thought I listened to Ivory much more but my Apple Music Replay begs to differ :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding: It’s a great album as well!

• Love 3

I know I'm going to surprise many people here but...

1. Renaissance: 11/10 Undoubtedly, the best, most beautifully-produced album and well-structured record of the year. As many of you all already know, I'm definitely one of the last people here to fall on Beyonce's feet but this project is her best since self-titled. Virgo's Groove alone >>>>
  2. Dawn FM- 9/10: Haven't used this album since early of 2022 (except for TMB and Sacrifice) but I think it's a better project than After Hours. Take My Breath, Sacrifice, Gasoline, Out of Time and Is There Someone Else? are :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:
  3. The Loneliest Time- 8/10: What is there to not say? A another sheer pop masterpiece by our queen, Carly :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas: The only dud was that Hawaiian song- Far Away :orangu_orangutan_ape:
  4. Hold the Girl- 8/10: Rina Slaywayama is Rina Slaywayama, no matter whaT :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing: Imagining, Frankenstein, Catch Me in the Air, Phantom, Song to John, Your Age and (Till you let me go) have me in chokehold :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:
  5. Midnight- 7/10: Great pop record :jordan-perfume: I didn't get to hear your thoughts about it btw :dontlike_chewing_gum_zoom_bomt_britney:
  • Love 2

@CrazyButItFeelsAllright, I listened to Serpentina. It was cute, but I usually need like 3-5 listens to get into an album, and I don't know if I'll ever go back to it. :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead: Throughout the whole thing, I was like, "Her voice reminds me of another singer so much, but I can't put my finger on it". Finally, it clicked - I'm not trying to ruin Banks for you, but she lowkey sounds like Scamila Scabello. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Omg your whole list demonstrates taste, but I highly recommend MUNA! :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell: Their album is amongst my top of the year for sure, along with Renaissance by Beyoncé, Holy Fuvk by Poot, and Traumanize by Megan Thee Stallion. :wendy_williams_bop_listen_music:

I also thought I listened to Ivory much more but my Apple Music Replay begs to differ :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding: It’s a great album as well!

I was supposed to see Megan Knees on Saturday but she pulled out of the festival and I can’t get a refund :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I know I'm going to surprise many people here but...

1. Renaissance: 11/10 Undoubtedly, the best, most beautifully-produced album and well-structured record of the year. As many of you all already know, I'm definitely one of the last people here to fall on Beyonce's feet but this project is her best since self-titled. Virgo's Groove alone >>>>
  2. Dawn FM- 9/10: Haven't used this album since early of 2022 (except for TMB and Sacrifice) but I think it's a better project than After Hours. Take My Breath, Sacrifice, Gasoline, Out of Time and Is There Someone Else? are :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:
  3. The Loneliest Time- 8/10: What is there to not say? A another sheer pop masterpiece by our queen, Carly :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas: The only dud was that Hawaiian song- Far Away :orangu_orangutan_ape:
  4. Hold the Girl- 8/10: Rina Slaywayama is Rina Slaywayama, no matter whaT :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing: Imagining, Frankenstein, Catch Me in the Air, Phantom, Song to John, Your Age and (Till you let me go) have me in chokehold :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:
  5. Midnight- 7/10: Great pop record :jordan-perfume: I didn't get to hear your thoughts about it btw :dontlike_chewing_gum_zoom_bomt_britney:

#3 :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

@CrazyButItFeelsAllright, I listened to Serpentina. It was cute, but I usually need like 3-5 listens to get into an album, and I don't know if I'll ever go back to it. :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead: Throughout the whole thing, I was like, "Her voice reminds me of another singer so much, but I can't put my finger on it". Finally, it clicked - I'm not trying to ruin Banks for you, but she lowkey sounds like Scamila Scabello. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.